Real Estate Agent · Richardson, TX · Member since 2014 · 511 posts · 161 votes
Hi everyone,
I'm going to start cold calling and I'd like to get some feedback about my plan and what are the most accurate data bases to get expireds and FBSOs.
1) White pages. Pull the expired listings from the MLS, type in the address on white pages and get the phone numbers.
2) Landvoice. Same process, different data base
3) Mojo sales. Same process, different data base
I'm thinking about cold calling 3-4 times a week for at least 2 hours. On weekends, I'm planning on door knocking for at least 3 hours. Let me know what are your thoughts.
Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 201 posts · 82 votes
10y
Daniel Moctezuma I use TheRedX for expired leand and mojo for the dialer. I find my own FSBO on Zillow and FSBO sites, but you can buy them from Redx as well.
You will get a lot of wrong numbers and disconnected ones. I've heard Vulcan? Is better but very expensive.
It is all a numbers game. Don't mls and white pages it. You will spend 2 hours and talk with 1 person who hangs up on you. Use a dialer and make you life easier and more productive.
Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 201 posts · 82 votes
10y
Daniel Moctezuma I use TheRedX for expired leand and mojo for the dialer. I find my own FSBO on Zillow and FSBO sites, but you can buy them from Redx as well.
You will get a lot of wrong numbers and disconnected ones. I've heard Vulcan? Is better but very expensive.
It is all a numbers game. Don't mls and white pages it. You will spend 2 hours and talk with 1 person who hangs up on you. Use a dialer and make you life easier and more productive.
Residential Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2013 · 803 posts · 689 votes
10y
Go to craigslist and zillow filter by FSBO's and start calling. No fancy software, dialer or anything needed.
It works for me and I only cold-call certain properties and have a really good conversion ratio. Look for people that have terrible ads with a couple pics, no pics, or bad (blurry) pics. Those are the ones that have no idea how to sell anything and need the help the most. If they can't post something on craigslist they likely can't handle the selling process without help. Now if you see a fancy FSBO ad with nice pictures and a good write up these people are tough to convert. They have done this before and don't usually need help selling and say things like "once I find a buyer the title company takes care of the rest". We all know this isn't the truth but you can't change everyone's way of thinking.
Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 223 posts · 185 votes
9y
@Account Closed
I use investorfuse for my automation and its a great tool to help me stay on top of followups, appointments, team members, virtual assistants and keep track of all the in's and out's of my REI business.
I will say that not all data providers are created equally for example white pages pulls from old phone books that is probably the reason that the numbers are incorrect more times than not. Skip tracing phone numbers in my target area and hiring a cold caller to call my direct mail list helped kickstart my business.
@Eric Dowling Hi Eric any refinements using RedEx for expired leads with phone numbers? Use of the dialer?
Is this your complete system for automating calling and handling call backs? tnx!
Hey Curt! I wouldn't worry about using a dialer for calling expireds. There are so few of them coming out on a daily basis. Today for example, there were only 20 expired listings from warner robins to ATL.
@Josh McCullough LOL ok got it. Is that from theredex.com ? They notify in near real time? tnx
I'm using landvoice right now. Super inexpensive, when comparing to other services. All listings expire at 12:01 AM, and landvoice emails me the list between 4-7:30AM every morning. On the 1st of every month, you might have several hundred expired listings, but most days its between 15-25.
Rental Property Investor · Clarkston, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
Thanks Josh, are you subbing to $60/mo for basic expired and some phone numbers or the pro with better numbers?
My quest is to call and cull for possible buying via subject to / lease option on the basis that the seller has little to no equity. Do you have experience in this strategy?
Investor · Jackson, GA · Member since 2011 · 228 posts · 126 votes
9y
Hey @Curt Smith, I apologize for missing your last post. The pro membership is a must. The numbers for the basic service are terrible...old numbers that have been disconnected.
I don't have any experience with that strategy. I like it though! My main focus right now is selling listings, and flipping for myself with MHP's(my true love!) still being my end game.