VA Eligibility ~ can it be confirmed during gov shutdown ?

VA Eligibility ~ can it be confirmed during gov shutdown ?

Northeastern Pennsylvania · Member since 2025 · 44 posts · 18 votes

While looking for first MFamily I've been work with an online lender specializing in VA Loans.

It's been weeks and they've still not been able to confirm my eligibility. 

It is frustrating as they've not given an ETA, nor explained what the hold up is. 

I may look for a new lender, but let me ask here ' Is the gov shutdown making it so lenders can't confirm eligibility ? '
Ty,

      Kevin

1Reply
52 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Saddle Brook, NJ · Member since 2023 · 431 posts · 231 votes
10mo

Yeah, we have had no issues getting the VA approved in any of the states we work in despite this long shudown. It's probably a testament to the mortgage company that they are taking this long...

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    11mo

    Our VSO said they are still processing claims so I'd imagine eligibility confirmation would be much easier. 

    Any mortgage lender should be able to do a VA loan' so I'd shop around. I like local banks/CUs that support my community.

    When's the last time an online anything sponsored a ski or sport night or little league team in your area? 

    • JD MartinBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Steve Vaughan:

      Our VSO said they are still processing claims so I'd imagine eligibility confirmation would be much easier. 

      Any mortgage lender should be able to do a VA loan' so I'd shop around. I like local banks/CUs that support my community.

      When's the last time an online anything sponsored a ski or sport night or little league team in your area? 


       Good to see you still kicking Steve!

      Skyline Properties
      View Page
  • Lender · Saddle Brook, NJ · Member since 2023 · 431 posts · 231 votes
    10mo

    Yeah, we have had no issues getting the VA approved in any of the states we work in despite this long shudown. It's probably a testament to the mortgage company that they are taking this long...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.