FIRST FLIP IN ORLANDO 32837

7 Replies

@Andy Bankston  Thank you! and it was a property purchased on HUBZU.com.  Very few people were bidding on the property. I went to see it in person and inspected through all the windows to get a better idea of what I was dealing with and all it needed was a new kitchen, and new bathrooms. Floor/roof/A/C/electric were all in great conditions. 

We also painted the exterior of the home and updated the landscaping. @Pyrrha Rivers

@Daniel Araque Great to have the additional details. I find that Hubzu has a bit of a bad reputation with investors which is probably why not many people were bidding on this one you got.

I purchased one from them in GA. It needed a lot in rehab but I knew that. I was able to inspect inside because there was a lock box and they provided my Realtor with the code. So I went in with my eyes wide open. What happened after with the rat of a contractor I found here on BP is another story, but the hubzu purchase for me was a smooth one. I read some very negative experiences from others, so I became a bit afraid to deal with them again in case I just got lucky, but here you had success also. Maybe I won't write tem off completely.

Congratulations again and thanks for sharing.

@Pyrrha Rivers  Hubzu deals are either smooth or not at all from what I have seen. However when we are pretty affirmative we are hitting a deal it has been wise to take the chance and hit a smooth ride or a storm of problems. 

I am glad you were able to success with your experience as well! :) 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you