Looking for Mentor for consulting!

Looking for Mentor for consulting!

New to Real Estate · Columbia SC · Member since 2021 · 15 posts · 4 votes

Hey everyone! As the title says I am indeed looking for a mentor! I have been working as a data analyst in the United States Air Force for the last 5 years and i am getting out soon to go back to college. I have always been passionate about starting businesses and side projects with my friends and I am extremely set on making a career in management consulting. I am going back to college next spring to get my bachelors in finance and then my MBA if all goes well. I am posting here because I know I have a lot to learn if i want to make it to one of the big 3 or 4 some day and I am interested in finding someone who would like to be a mentor in my journey. I want to get as much experience under my belt as possible so I would be willing to assist on projects as much as necessary! I am currently stationed in South Carolina and will be moving back home to San Antonio Texas this july. Thanks again to anyone who is able to help out or give any info on where I can start getting experience!

1Reply
3 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y

Everyone puts a label of Mentor as one person that is going to get you to the next level. If you want to pay 20k-50k per year, you can have that person.

Just reading the forums here you will have 50 different mentors giving little bits of information every day. When you get involved in a local REIA you should make friends with other investors who will also be mentors. YOU will also end up mentoring others with little bits of information. Read, network and get started.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX (Lender in TX and SC) · Member since 2020 · 196 posts · 253 votes
    3y

    @Dylan Hunter

    Thank you for your service.  I don’t have the exact experience you’re looking for (management consulting).  But I’m a fellow military veteran that got my MBA, transitioned out of the military, settled in San Antonio, and am now am a mortgage lender.  I’d be happy to be a resource for you as you make your transition out of the military and move to San Antonio. 

  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Everyone puts a label of Mentor as one person that is going to get you to the next level. If you want to pay 20k-50k per year, you can have that person.

    Just reading the forums here you will have 50 different mentors giving little bits of information every day. When you get involved in a local REIA you should make friends with other investors who will also be mentors. YOU will also end up mentoring others with little bits of information. Read, network and get started.

  • Developer · Boulder, CO · Member since 2018 · 530 posts · 365 votes
    3y

    @Dylan Hunter Hi Dylan the first order of business for you should be to become financially literate. Learn the language and metrics of real estate and how to conduct pro forma analysis. Unless and until you can apply these skills your trip will be and stay an uphill journey.

    Feel free to contact me if you’d like to talk.

  • Contractor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    Are you saying that you need some help getting into management in Corporate America?

    Or do you need some help getting into real estate investing?

    Also, thank you for your service.

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 975 votes
    3y

    @Dylan Hunter You should check out Veterati. Its a great resource for military members and vets to connect with mentors in various industries. Lots of folks use it to help transition out of the military. Personally, I use it to find mentees who want help learning more about real estate! I have no affiliation with Veterati, but I've found it useful and its a pretty well done website. 

    Good luck on your journey!

  • New to Real Estate · Columbia SC · Member since 2021 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    @Scott E. Trying to get into management consulting in corporate america! Real estate is also one of my passions however, I am focusing on management consulting until I get my brokers license!

  • New to Real Estate · Columbia SC · Member since 2021 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    @Doug Spence thank you for the recomendation Doug I will check it out!!

  • Contractor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Dylan Hunter:

    @Scott E. Trying to get into management consulting in corporate america! Real estate is also one of my passions however, I am focusing on management consulting until I get my brokers license!


    Well I have no experience as a consultant. But I was a manager (VP) in corporate america for 10 years up until 2021 when I left to pursue real estate investing full time. Would be happy to help any way I can.

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Dylan Hunter PM ME

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.