Looking for assistance analyzing closing costs- first Investment property!

Looking for assistance analyzing closing costs- first Investment property!

Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 15 posts · 11 votes

Hi, I am newly under contract for my first investment property, a duplex we plan to live in and rent out. 

I just got the first estimation for my loan/closing costs, looking for any assistance on analyzing if these costs make sense. I'm a newbie so not trying to be taken advantage of. 

I'm financing 171k and using a 5% conventional loan while also taking 5% DP assistance through OHFA. 

I do notice I got charged a Loan Origination fee twice, each for $855, I'm feeling that shouldn't be the case. I was told by my lender that these costs should come down more as some of the title fees are conservative estimates at this point. Looking for any insight as I originally expected only to be total out of pocket under 5k, thanks. 

0Reply
28 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.