Raising Capital for Development? Here's What You Need to Know!

Columbus, OhioHaveFinancingCommercial
Classifieds

Raising Capital for Development? Here's What You Need to Know!

Robert EllisBusiness Member
Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I’m Rob Ellis, founder of Pink Development & Construction, and I’ve been structuring equity funds and raising capital for large-scale projects for years. Right now, we're finalizing entitlements for a hotel and automated parking structure and exploring the best structure for a $3.5M equity raise.

We’re evaluating:
✅ SPVs vs. Syndications (506(b) or 506(c))
✅ Opportunity Zone (OZ) Funds
✅ Best states for incorporation (Delaware vs. Ohio)
✅ Crowdfunding platforms (Fundrise, CrowdStreet, RealtyMogul, etc.)

🔹 Have you successfully raised over $1M on these platforms?
🔹 What’s your experience with structuring real estate equity funds?

I’m looking to connect with experienced investors, fund managers, and developers who’ve been through this process. Let’s discuss strategies, best practices, and what’s working in today’s market.

0Reply
7 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.