Looking for VA Friendly Lenders

Looking for VA Friendly Lenders

Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 8 votes

Hello,

I am a veteran currently deployed overseas and exploring real estate investment opportunities for when I return home. Specifically, I’m interested in house hacking, either duplex or single-family.

I'd like to inquire if anyone has worked with or can recommend any VA-friendly lenders who are experienced in supporting military members with VA loans for this type of investment strategy. I'm looking for guidance on eligibility, financing options, and any unique considerations related to using the VA loan benefit in a house hacking scenario.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Best regards,
Brandon Staines

1Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Conroe, TX · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    1y

    Brandon,

    Thank you for your service first and foremost.

    What market are you looking to get into?

    Ive learned that Real estate is very unique to market trends but equally to specific areas of the country, and your intended purpose both short and long term. Although I cant give you specific/realtor advice, I can give you advice based on my experiences both as a investor, contractor and veteran. Wishing you the best on your venture and happy to hear about your interest in using the VA loan to purchase an investment. Its one of the best perks to being a service member.

    Ryan

  • Jordan RayBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2023 · 642 posts · 331 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Brandon Staines:

    Hello,

    I am a veteran currently deployed overseas and exploring real estate investment opportunities for when I return home. Specifically, I’m interested in house hacking, either duplex or single-family.

    I'd like to inquire if anyone has worked with or can recommend any VA-friendly lenders who are experienced in supporting military members with VA loans for this type of investment strategy. I'm looking for guidance on eligibility, financing options, and any unique considerations related to using the VA loan benefit in a house hacking scenario.

    Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

    Best regards,
    Brandon Staines


    Hey Brandon, I would recommend Tim Smith at Cross Country Mortgage! You can reach him at (901) 230-5457 or [email protected]. I use him personally for my long term financing on my investments and I also am a 9 year Army Veteran and have been overseas as well. Let me know if Memphis TN or North Mississppi are markets you would be interested in investing in! Best of luck to you sir!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.