Small investment into Data Centers

Small investment into Data Centers

Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 4 votes

I've managed to save up $35,000 from a side hustle, completely separate from my W2 income. I'm already in a good spot with my main finances: I max out my Roth 401(k) annually through my job, and I own one out-of-state single-family rental property.

My interest now lies in deploying this $35k specifically into data centers. I'm long-term bullish on the space, recognizing its critical role in our increasingly digital world.

Here's my challenge: I understand that $35k is likely not enough to directly participate in private data center syndications, which often have much higher minimums. My goal is to find ways to get more direct exposure to data centers than just investing in a broad data center REIT ETF like DLR (Digital Realty Trust).

I'm looking for creative ideas or strategies on how I can invest in data centers with this $35,000, outside of just buying an ETF.

Has anyone successfully invested in smaller, more direct data center opportunities? Are there any niche platforms, specific types of smaller-scale assets, or alternative structures that could be accessible with this amount?

Really appreciate any thoughts, insights, or experiences you can share!

0Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    Short answer: probably not, just plough it into an ETF or REIT with broad data center exposure.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.