Rookie Here, looking for a mentor for a first timer!

Rookie Here, looking for a mentor for a first timer!

New to Real Estate · Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 2 votes

I'd like to learn from those who already made his first deal with the BRRRR strategy. How to find a lender? How much money to ask for? If I already have found an amazing deal...

2Reply
43 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Carlos Ayala:

    I'd like to learn from those who already made his first deal with the BRRRR strategy. How to find a lender? How much money to ask for? If I already have found an amazing deal...

    Hey @Carlos Ayala, welcome to the BP Forum! You'll probably have a lot of lenders respond to your post once you provide more details on the deal. What's the purchase price? How much rehab is involved and how long will it take to complete. What will the ARV be and how much will rents be with your first tenant(s)?

    As for lending parameters, assuming your credit score is higher than 660, I would expect you'll see acquisition loans for up to 85% of the purchase price and the rehab loan of up to 100% of the rehab costs, but on a combined basis, the loans cannot exceed 75% of the ARV. Given your level of experience, your interest rate will probably be in the 10%-12% range.

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    8mo

    Hello @Jaycee Greene, 

    First of all I'm truly sorry for the late reply, I've been learning more about the BRRRR method, which now I think is the best for me to start with, thus I've just understand you answer. Although I have to say that I've not research markets or properties, because I still have a lot of issues to deal with, such as get the equity from my first property, which I'm still paying mortgage.

    I still need like 30K to pay the mortgage in full, in addition here I can't find a refinance loan to invest the capital.  

    As I said I'm still learning the BRRRR strategy to start as an investor, although I'm a Licenced RE Broker in my country. In that context let me ask you, do you know a way to find more capital to pay the mortgage in full?


    Thank you for your assistance. 

    Regards Carlos Ayala 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.