Looking for a mentor STR, LTR, Duplex/Triplex

Looking for a mentor STR, LTR, Duplex/Triplex

Manteca, CA · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 12 votes

Hello! I am looking for a mentor or 2 to go over some dynamics of LTR, STR, Duplex/triplex and BRRR methods of things, i already have 2 assets that are not cash flowing i am losing money on both but not by much, 1 is my own doing that happen a few years ago but i kept it because of the market it is in. I just want to ask questions when i can think of them and get real world honest answers.

2Reply
45 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Michael Din:

    Hello! I am looking for a mentor or 2 to go over some dynamics of LTR, STR, Duplex/triplex and BRRR methods of things, i already have 2 assets that are not cash flowing i am losing money on both but not by much, 1 is my own doing that happen a few years ago but i kept it because of the market it is in. I just want to ask questions when i can think of them and get real world honest answers.

    Hey @Michael Din, welcome to the BP Forum! What type of "dynamics" are you wanting to discuss? The rent side? Expenses? Financing? Any more details you can provide will help the community help you.

  • Manteca, CA · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 12 votes
    11mo

    Just a general overview of it all. I am looking for someone to bounce ideas off of who has experience in the realm like currently i am looking at a STR out of southern california and i just have no one to discuss it with. How can i figure out if I can financially succeed at it, all these calculators say yes but what are the draw backs? Is it worth even trying to get qualified in my current financial situation? Just everything a mentor is someone who would have the answers or know how to find the answers I am thinking of.

  • Specialist · Member since 2025 · 483 posts · 270 votes
    10mo

    You're on the right track asking for straight answers. Here's how I'd tackle it: stabilize your two assets first so they at least break even, then pick one lane for the next deal. LTRs in solid C+/B areas are your base for steady cash flow; STRs can juice returns but add risk and management; duplex/triplex give you built-in scale; BRRR works if you buy at a deep discount and can refi within realistic timelines. Quick filter I use: run a simple cash flow calc, sanity-check rents, and decide in minutes whether to dig deeper. Next step: send me one property you're eyeing with purchase price, rent comps, and basic expenses.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.