Looking fir mentor

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Damian Guillen:

    Hi everyone,  I am Damian new investor in DFW area. I am looking for guidance in  investing. I'd their anyone willing to help. 

    Hey @Damian Guillen, welcome to the BP Forum! What type of properties most interests you, SFR, 2-4 MF, or 5+ MF? What is your price range/down payment amount? Are you looking for turn-key properties or something along the lines of a "fixer upper"? Are you looking for properties in your local market or somewhere else?

  • Real Estate Consultant · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2022 · 463 posts · 253 votes
    11mo

    Hi Damian from Fort Worth, Texas-

    Congratulations on having the wisdom to be interested in real estate investing and to look for a mentor.

    An experienced mentor can save you a lot of grief and accelerate your progress with, hopefully, the most efficient path to your goals.

    An investor friendly Realtor with a teachers heart in the area you are interested in investing is a good place to start. They can introduce you to the rest of the team you will need as well. You can find this investor friendly Realtor asking in local investor groups online or in-person, a Google search and testimonial review, and looking at agents that represent investment property in the area you are looking to invest and interview them.

    To Your Success! Happy to help.

  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Damian Guillen:

    Hi everyone,  I am Damian new investor in DFW area. I am looking for guidance in  investing. I'd their anyone willing to help. 

    Hi @Damian Guillen: Howdy.
    Are you banked up and ready to invest or are you in the "looking" for lenders stage?


  • Real Estate Agent · Haslet, TX · Member since 2023 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    11mo

    Hey Damian, welcome to the DFW investing scene!
    I’m a local investor and Realtor who works with a lot of people getting started in North Texas. One thing that helps new investors build momentum fast is showing up where the deals and connections are made.

    I actually maintain a free calendar of every real estate investor meetup and training around DFW — it’s updated weekly and a great way to plug in and meet potential mentors.
    DFWREICalendar.com

    What kind of investing are you most interested in right now — flips, rentals, or creative deals?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.