Free Tool for Landlords: Easy Security Deposit Interest Calculations

Free Tool for Landlords: Easy Security Deposit Interest Calculations

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes

As a landlord running apartments in Los Angeles, I used to rely on Excel to calculate security-deposit interest. It was time-consuming, confusing, and never as organized as I wanted — especially when saving results as PDFs or keeping up with changing city rates. So I built a tool that makes the whole process simple.

I created SecurityDepositCalculator.com to help both myself and other landlords. It’s completely free, you can register for an account at no cost, and the site is supported only by ads — no fees, no upsells.

The calculator currently supports:

  • City of West Hollywood

  • Los Angeles Housing Department (LAHD)

  • San Francisco Residential Rent Stabilization & Arbitration Board

If your city isn’t listed yet, let me know — I’m happy to add it. My goal is to make security-deposit calculations clear, accurate, and easy for everyone. Always here to help!

0Reply
33 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.