• Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Tenant around the globe repair success story

Jack B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Jul 27 2016, 21:28

There once was a tenant who decided to replace a stainless steel kitchen faucet with a white one (looked terrrible, mismatched).  Upon doing this it leaked and she had to turn the water to the sink off because of it. She then texted me claiming it broke on it's own and she was just trying to fix it. Refused to send pics when I asked her for pics of how it broke on it's own. That's when I found out what she had done was replace the faucet, and did it incorrectly, instead of the magical story of how the faucet magically leaked on it's own but she couldn't send me pictures for some reason...

After much explaining with this tenant that she would be responsible for the repair, she magically found her way to home depot to buy a replacement faucet that was exactly the same as before and get it installed correctly. The plumber I had hired to go fix it for her and bill back to her still stopped by and checked on it but didn't charge her (probably because she's an attractive female). 

As this tenant has also been late with the rent twice before (but straightened up after fines and warnings) that the next time she would get a notice to vacate, not to mention she has been a princess for the past year AND has put a hole in the wall and stained the carpet, I'm tempted to invite her for a dose of reality elsewhere. Just too much time dealing with a 27 year old adult child.