Using HELOC to buy Rentals.

Using HELOC to buy Rentals.

Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 602 posts · 250 votes

Hi BP,

I am trying to explore an idea about HELOCing my current home to buy rental properties. Has anyone on BP done this before and what are the inherent risk I should be aware of before processing with this creative financing strategy?   

3Reply
137 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
9y

My first four unit was purchased using a HELOC to help fund the down payment. I wouldn't say there are any huge risks as long as you can afford the larger mortgage payment on your primary residence. You essentially get to borrow your equity for historically low interest rates, and then park that equity in a cash flowing asset. This worked out well for me!

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.