Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Kaleb Carsten
  • Investor
  • Mitchell, SD
Votes |
Tenant wants to add an additional 220 outlet?

Kaleb Carsten
  • Investor
  • Mitchell, SD
Posted Apr 12 2018, 18:51
Hey BP, Rookie landlord question for you all. I just signed a new lease with my first tenant! However less than a month later the tenant is asking me if he can hire a electrician to install a new additional 220 outlet so that he can install a coffee bean roaster (he wants to open up his own coffee shop in a few years and is trying to build up some capital by selling his own roasted beans). Right away I'm thinking this isn't a good idea because the current electric work was done before I purchased the duplex two years ago and I don't know who the previous landlord had do it. I also don't know if it would disturb the other tenant. I let my partners know what was going on to keep them in the loop and they think I should let him do it. My partners are not landlords and never have been. So I figured I should ask the experts Should I let the tenant hire an electrician to add an additional outlet? Should I get quotes from a few licensed electricians and hire them to do it and send the tenant the bill?

Loading replies...