ADU (Accessory dwelling unit) Property Tax in Los Angeles?

ADU (Accessory dwelling unit) Property Tax in Los Angeles?

Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 3 votes

Hi,
Planning to build an ADU (Accessory dwelling unit) in the back, On top of my garage. My questions are
1) Is it better to get a "separate" address or should I ask for Unit A (main house) and Unit B (ADU)?
2) How does the property tax in Los Angeles work ?
3) Will I continue paying same property tax on primary and new assessed property tax on the "new" ADU ?
4) With the new SALT Tax in place, how much tax credit can I claim?
5) Can I claim the bank loan interest in my taxes?

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
10 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.