San Antonio, TX 2-4 Unit Expenses

San Antonio, TX 2-4 Unit Expenses

Investor · OR · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 3 votes

Hello, I am looking to purchase a small multi-unit property and want to take advantage of the FHA. I am considering relocating to San Antonio, TX from Portland, OR.

What are the typical Monthly Insurance, Garbage, and Utilities costs some of you San Antonio investors are seeing currently? (2-4 Units)

Thank you! 

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joseph CacciapagliaBusiness Member
    Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Antonio Tapia The insurance estimate that Realtor.com provides for 2-4 units is reasonably accurate for owner occupants. Most of the newer properties have separate electric meters, and some have separate water as well. When the meters are separate, they're typically in the tenants' name, so you don't pay those. I would not recommend buying one that doesn't have separate electric meters. For most of the multifamily that we manage that doesn't have separate water meters, we're charging back a set fee for water and that's pretty reliable. Do you have a part of town and a price point in mind? I have several clients that like the fourplex options in Selma, Universal City, and NE side of town in general.

    Joseph Cacciapaglia powered by Morty
  • Investor · OR · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Thanks @Joseph Cacciapaglia. I appreciate the information, that is a pretty good situation then! I'll have to keep an eye out and see what I can find with separate electric AND water. I do like the NE side of town, that is actually where I have been looking a bit more 

  • Joseph CacciapagliaBusiness Member
    Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Antonio Tapia it may not be clear from Realtor/Zillow type sites, but the MLS will usually show if the meters are separated, and also often include information about other expenses. Feel free to reach out if you need additional info about any of the multifamily listings in that area.

    Joseph Cacciapaglia powered by Morty
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.