airbnb house and live in a rental

airbnb house and live in a rental

Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello,

Currently I have 2 vacation homes that are doing really good. So good in fact, that I am considering listing the house that we live in as a vacation rental as well, and just rent out a house for my family. I believe I could get $175 per night for my house which would equal $4,375 per month, if I have 25 days booked per month. In my area I could rent a nice home out (nicer than my house)for 2,000 per month. From my calculations, if I do decide to list my house on airbnb and move into a rental house, I could profit around 1k per month. $4,375(profit)-2,000(rent) -1300(current mortgage and utilities) =1,075. 

My question is has anyone currently done this? Would I be able to use the profit from the 3 airbnb rentals as income to qualify for another mortgage? If did rent out a house to live in, would that count against me when financing another mortgage loan?

thank

0Reply
4 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.