Austin meetup?

Austin meetup?

Where:Unknown

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 419 posts · 52 votes

Hello all,

Would any members in and around Austin, Texas, be interested in a friendly meetup some time between November 22nd and the 25th to network and discuss local news, trends, and opportunities, etc?

My wife and I just moved back from Japan and will be stopping in Austin as we tour parts of the country that we are considering settling in.

We would love to meet local residents and learn more about the investment climate in and around Austin.  We've heard great things about the area and we're looking forward to meeting people who live and invest there.

0Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 47 posts · 13 votes
10y

@Meagan M. 

There is a meetup every Thursday at Big Daddys on Burnet & 183. I think they meet at 11:30.

http://www.meetup.com/REALESTATEinvestormastermind...

Homes for the Win - Linda and Andrew are Great Folks.

http://www.meetup.com/HomesForTheWin/

Investor underground 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1399621720303323/

@Chris Tao

Central Austin Real Estate Meetup. (This is the original BP Meet up in Austin) https://www.facebook.com/groups/616101

995182672/

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hi Nick!  We may be able to meet up with y'all on Tuesday evening, November 24th.  We have been living in Austin a little over 5 years and are just getting started with real estate investing but would welcome the opportunity to meet you and your wife.   

    Loree

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 110 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    Hello @Nick Brubaker,

    I am an agent in town working for a company specializing in investment properties here in Austin.  I would love a chance to get in touch with you and talk about the Austin market, and am happy to attend a meet-and-greet in the time-frame you suggested.

    @Loree LeBoeuf, as you are local I would also like the chance to connect with you.

  • Paralegal · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    I'd be very interested in a meetup. I'm just starting to join the community here and I'd like to get to know any locals who are actively investing or, like me, want to start investing in the not-too-distant future. I teach a dance class Tuesday evening so that time doesn't work for me. Monday or Wednesday evening would be better for me.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I am game.  Let me know where to meet.

  • Specialist · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Please provide details and thank you!

  • Austin, TX - Texas · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    You are welcome to come to our Real Estate Elite Buyers Club meeting at 11:30 AM Wednesday, November 25th at The Egg and I located near Lakeline Mall off of the access road of Hwy 183 north of the 620 intersection (near Panera Bread).  We discuss local investing, offer deals, and generally network.  There is no charge and the organizer is an attorney/broker/investor who fields all kinds of questions in a relaxed atmosphere.  Great luck in deciding where to settle!

  • Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 419 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Thank you @Loree LeBoeuf, @Matthew Vitlin, @Alex Gaw, @Chris Tao, @Gordon Meadows, @Steve Davis for the interest.  Sorry it has taken me a little while to reply - I had a long, long 36 hours of travel

    Anyway, I should be able to do Monday and Tuesday evening most anywhere.  I should also be able to meet somewhere on Wednesday (I will try to make it to your event Steve!), but I will no longer have access to a car at that point so somewhere reachable by public transit would be best.  Would Monday or Wednesday work for others?  

    Can anyone suggest a place?  As I am new in town I currently have no ideas. 

    I'm excited there is so much interest.  It would be great if we can arrange something!  

    @Joshua M. might you know folks in town who would like to join?

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 110 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    @Nick Brubaker I would recommend Wednesday night as no one should have to work the next day (Thanksgiving).  As to location, I would suggest you find a restaurant or coffee shop near you that could accommodate a party of 5-10 people.  Do you know where you are staying in Austin?

  • Wholesaler · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    I work late on Wednesday.  Tuesday evening is my only option this week.  Sorry!  Loree

  • Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 419 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Ok.  Any others have day preferences?

    @Alex Gaw

    @Chris Tao

    @Gordon Meadows

    @Steve Davis

    @Joshua Marriott  I guess you're up in Dallas, but do you know others who might like to attend?

  • Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 419 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    I'm staying fairly central - near the Roy G. Guerrero golf course and river.

  • Rental Property Investor · Golden, CO · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    @Nick Brubaker My friend @urielcastro @Lamar Cannon  go to really good meet ups. Contact them.

  • Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 419 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Ok Austin folks!  Who would care to meet up on Wednesday evening at 6pm at The Liberty on East 6th St?  Here's the address:

    1618 1/2 E 6th St, Austin, TX 78702

    @Matthew Vitlin

    @Alex Gaw

    @Chris Tao

    @Gordon Meadows

    @Steve Davis

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 110 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    @Nick Brubaker thanks for putting this together.  I shall brave the traffic to get there in time, looking forward to seeing everyone.

  • Paralegal · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Thanks for setting this up! Looking forward to it!

  • Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 419 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Great!  Will anyone else be attending?  

  • Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 419 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Quick reminder to all Austin investors that there will be a meetup Wednesday (25th) evening at 6pm at The Liberty on East 6th St.  Please make a post here if you will be attending.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 47 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    @Nick Brubaker I'm game. Please let me know if there are any changes in time or venue.

  • Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 419 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Great to hear @Jason Carter.  See you tonight.

  • Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 419 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    We're sitting on the patio outside.  A lot of space!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I searched Austin and found this thread but I realize it's 5 months old! Do you any of you recommend a good way to network with other investors in Austin? I'm a stager and my husband is a realtor so we would love to start meeting more people especially in the BP circle. Let me know what events y'all attend and enjoy, thanks!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Meagan M. 

    @Jason Carter

    @Alex Gaw

    @Matthew Vitlin

    @Gordon Meadows

    reviving this old thread.  Anyone interested in a BP meetup in Austin or North Austin area?

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 47 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    @Meagan M. 

    There is a meetup every Thursday at Big Daddys on Burnet & 183. I think they meet at 11:30.

    http://www.meetup.com/REALESTATEinvestormastermind...

    Homes for the Win - Linda and Andrew are Great Folks.

    http://www.meetup.com/HomesForTheWin/

    Investor underground 

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1399621720303323/

    @Chris Tao

    Central Austin Real Estate Meetup. (This is the original BP Meet up in Austin) https://www.facebook.com/groups/616101

    995182672/

  • Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Loree LeBoeuf

    Hey!

    I am an investor in Jacksonville, North Carolina area and looking to branch out to Austin Texas.

    I will be in Leander Texas next week and would like to connect with other like minded real estate investors and get to know that area more.

    Please message me if you would be available or have any properties you are looking to sell.

    Thank you.

    Anya

  • Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Steve Davis

    Hey!

    I am an investor in Jacksonville, North Carolina area and looking to branch out to Austin Texas.

    I will be in Leander Texas next week and would like to connect with other like minded real estate investors and get to know that area more.

    Please message me if you would be available or have any properties you are looking to sell. Or if there is a local meet up that week?

    Thank you.

    Anya

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.