Southeast CT REI Meetup

Southeast CT REI Meetup

When:

Where:East Lyme High School at East Lyme, CT 06333

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Investor · Groton, CT · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 28 votes

Hosted by Mat O'Grady

1Reply
189 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
9y

Hello @Donna Genovese,

The meetings are pretty informal. There is no charge for the meeting and I am not trying to sell anything. I am just interested in networking and learning about REI. I buy a party pizza from Big Y and we sit around and talk about what we are doing with real estate. There people with varying levels of experience that come. We have brand new people that come and ask questions and the most experienced person that has come is @Karin Crompton. She is a full time real estate flipper. It is diverse crowd ranging from flippers to buy and hold. 

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Mat

See this reply in the discussion

58 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    9y

    Thanks for posting this @Jaclyn P.. 

     I'll be in the front of the school to point people in the right direction

  • Investor · Mystic, CT · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    I am looking forward to attending and meeting you all!

  • Lender · Branford, CT · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 30 votes
    9y
    I would like to attend can you provide info on the event.
  • Investor · Groton, CT · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    @Mat O'Grady can you provide Donna with a bit more info about the meeting?

  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    9y

    Hello @Donna Genovese,

    The meetings are pretty informal. There is no charge for the meeting and I am not trying to sell anything. I am just interested in networking and learning about REI. I buy a party pizza from Big Y and we sit around and talk about what we are doing with real estate. There people with varying levels of experience that come. We have brand new people that come and ask questions and the most experienced person that has come is @Karin Crompton. She is a full time real estate flipper. It is diverse crowd ranging from flippers to buy and hold. 

    Let me know if you have any other questions,

    Mat

  • Lender · Branford, CT · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 30 votes
    9y

    sounds like a great networking opportunity.  Where and when is the meeting and can I bring something?

  • East Lyme, CT · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Count me in. I've asked my friend to come as well. Looking forward to it!

  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    9y

    @Donna Genovese

    The meeting is on Monday November 28th from 6:30 to 8 at East Lyme High School.

    You don't need to bring anything; just your ideas.

  • Lender · Branford, CT · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 30 votes
    9y

    I'm sorry I was tied up in Stamford and am just getting back to Guilford.   Please keep me informed on your next meeting. 

    Regards,

    Donna

  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    9y

    @Donna Genovese

    The meeting is on November 28th, if you are interested in attending. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Norwalk, CT · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    @Errol Simpson This is the meeting I am talking about.

  • Investor · Bridgeport, CT · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Isn't it a bit far from our preferred region

  • Investor · Bridgeport, CT · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    But I have no problem going

  • Investor · Waterford, CT · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    See you guys tonight!

  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    9y

    Hey Everyone,

    The meeting was very successful! It was the most amount of people that we have had a meeting. I am thinking that if we get that many people again, we can split off into different classrooms and then each classroom can focus on one topic such as flipping or buy and hold.

    The next meeting will be on December 20th from 6 to 8 at East Lyme High School.

  • Investor · Waterford, CT · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    yes this is a good idea...also I noticed that some strategies can be coupled together, to facilitate both short and long term growth... For instance note buys can turn into rehab and retail home sales.  So everywhere along that chain $$ can be generated depending on your personal expertise and comfort level.  Also if you are not familiar with any of the other avenues you can learn!

    What I'd personally like to be able to do is a JV deal with those interested. Eventually be able to gonin on a big project which benefits everyone involved.

  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    9y

    Hello again All,

    I am postponing the meeting until January 10th.

    Sorry if this causes any inconvenience,

    Mat 

  • Investor · Waterford, CT · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    no prob

  • Investor · Waterford, CT · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    Are we getting together tonight???

  • Investor · Waterford, CT · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    ahh OK Jan 10th...got ya?!

  • Investor · Yonkers, NY · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    looking forward to attending.

  • Investor · Groton, CT · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    How would everyone feel about meeting at a restaurant or bar, or something like that? Or would you like to meet at the high school again? Would like to know your thoughts.

  • Investor · Groton, CT · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    Here is the link for this month's meetup!
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/39...

  • Investor · Groton, CT · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    Hi everyone, just a reminder for tonight's meetup - 6pm @ East Lyme High School.  Hope to see everyone there!  Try to let us know if you can come by clicking "Attend Event". Thanks!
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/39...

  • Investor · Waterford, CT · Member since 2016 · 85 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    Not sure if ill see you guys tonight...ill try to make it though..is anyone going to jersey for the Distresed RE convention...its the 28-29 of jan?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.