Skip to content
Arkansas Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Timothy Maldonado
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ventnor City, NJ
Votes |
Any Designers in the Rehab / Remodel house!?

Timothy Maldonado
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ventnor City, NJ
Posted Mar 12 2018, 11:11

A little background on myself, I have about 12 years on designing in CAD for Civil, Architectural/Engineering firms, and as well as contracting companies in New Jersey. After changing my career course from designing to estimating and real estate investing, I didn't want to waste my design skills and thought I could put it in to good use here on biggerpockets whether it be helping someone using CAD, having an open discussion on layouts or providing designs. After looking through the forum in finding any discussions about designing, I got a general feel that hired designers tend to pick out materials or create designs that do not suit the Investment. So in that regard, I wanted to create a discussion for designers in the real estate investment world.

I have some questions that could start and please feel free to share any stories whether they're good or bad.

• Is there any designers who are investors?
  • If you are, are there any sources you use for your designs? i.e. books, websites, forums, etc.
  • As a designer, what are your applications? i.e. AutoCAD, Revit/BIM modelling, Chief Architect, etc.
  • Did the designs help expedite the construction project? 
  • Did any projects deviate from the design?
  • Is your field of design in residential or commercial?
  • How much time is put into your designs?

Thanks for your time.