Insurance policies on rental property

Insurance policies on rental property

TBD · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 17 votes

Hey there everyone!

I currently insure my 6 rental properties through USAA, though am looking to shop the rates.  Who does everyone else use?  Some carriers in GA only allow 4 properties to be insured through them. I was with American Family insurance years ago and may quote them. 

Thanks!

David   

0Reply
5 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Insurance Agent / Investor · Shelby Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    I would search for an independent agent in your area who represents multiple companies. They will shop with there companies for you. Ask what markets they have for landlord insurance. If they say less than 3 companies I would keep calling around.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    8y

    @David N Peterson

    I use American Family commercial policies for my close to 200 units now and they mostly do a great job for me. I use Tommy Schlosser, he has an AmFam agency in Marietta. PM me an email if you want a direct email introduction.

  • Jason BottPro Member
    Insurance Agent · Nationwide · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @David N Peterson USAA and American Family are primarily personal lines companies (home and Auto).  I suggest quoting some commercial options. 

    I'll PM you some of the companies I quoted last week for another GA investor.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.