New investor in the greater CDA area

New investor in the greater CDA area

Portland, OR · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 6 votes

I'm looking to see if there are any meet-ups that happen and whether or not there is the capability of joining remotely? Also looking for general resources. Are there any local agencies that offer a multitude of lease agreement and addendum forms for sale? I did find one local PM group that will do just a placement fee and I can manage thereafter. 

What's your cup of tea? Property management or self-manage?

If nothing else, chime in and introduce yourself!

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Omaha, NE · Member since 2020 · 329 posts · 203 votes
4y

Adam, I would recommend google searching your local REIA. If not, Omaha REIA does have free content on facebook as well as membership opportunities but I would suggest finding one in your area unless you are looking to invest long distance.

I would lean on the property management side. If you can find a solid one, they are worth their weight in gold. For a small monthly fee they take so much stress off. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Omaha, NE · Member since 2020 · 329 posts · 203 votes
    4y

    Adam, I would recommend google searching your local REIA. If not, Omaha REIA does have free content on facebook as well as membership opportunities but I would suggest finding one in your area unless you are looking to invest long distance.

    I would lean on the property management side. If you can find a solid one, they are worth their weight in gold. For a small monthly fee they take so much stress off. 

  • Hayden, ID · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Hi Adam!  I'm an agent here in Coeur d'Alene.  I used to have an investment group but it fizzled over covid and I never revived it.  Plus, it was called Digs, Deals and Dames as it was aimed toward female investors so I'm not sure it would have been your cup of tea anyway :)  I haven't seen any local property managers on this board, but who knows, maybe your request will help them come out of the woodworks!  I have an out of state client that I helped find a place using a 1031 exchange last winter, I'll reach out and make sure she's been happy with the management before I pass their name along but I know it had started well.  Feel free to DM me if you have any other questions about the area/market... I'd love to help!

  • Real Estate Broker · Boise, ID · Member since 2008 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Hi Adam.  I own income property in the Cd'A area and have a good property manager there.  I am happy to share their name with you.  I do not know any local agents that I would recommend, I moved to Boise about 15 years ago and exchanged most of my holdings to this area.

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    @Curtis Ellis,

    Thankfully I have a great agent I just wasn’t sure if there was a county municipality of sorts that offered carbon copied lease agreements for purchase. I’ve gone back and forth on getting Pro membership here almost exclusively for the lease agreement forms but here in Oregon we have a great resource called Multifamily a northwest that offers nearly a hundred different leases and addendums for sale. Wasn’t sure if there was anything similar up there. 

    I found a generic one for now that we’ll tweak but I imagine it’s dated.

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    A very lengthy delay to responding to this thread, but I ended up choosing to self-manage using a website called Avail.com. If you end up using it, please contact me and use me as a referral. It gives me a month or two of no fees if I recall. It's pretty much chump change but it all adds up!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.