Investment realtor needed in Louisville.

Investment realtor needed in Louisville.

Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 46 votes

I am still looking for that first deal in Louisville, Kentucky.  I would ideally like to start with a duplex or four-plex.   I enlisted the help of a buyer's agent last fall.  However,  I feel that she just does not get investors. 

I think it is time to enlist the help of somebody that really understand the investor.   Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

0Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Tampa Florida · Member since 2013 · 630 posts · 303 votes
11y

Hi William,

Feel free to private message me. I would love to discuss your investment plan sometime.  I'm a relatively new investor myself and have experience working with other investors here in Louisville. 

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    What did she do that makes you feel this way?

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 202 posts · 111 votes
    11y

    @William A. Good luck. From my experience in this city realtors run in clicks and usually look out for themselves or their close (investor) friends. They want easy money and do not want to put in the work required to help new investors. The agents that are investor friendly are also investors and they either A. buy the deals or B. already have a large group of buyers they sell to. Thats doesn't mean there isn't a hungry investor friendly agent out there it just means that I haven't found "one" yet. I have agents that help me close deals and are ok to work with but none of them really "find" me deals. When I started investing I got frustrated for this very reason and became an agent myself. I learned alot. I then quickly learned that my time was better served investing and started letting other "ok" realtors help me out. In short there is a balance. Keep looking and you will find agents that work well with you. 

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 46 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:

    What did she do that makes you feel this way?

    She asked me from the outset,  if my goal was to break even each month.   From everything I have read on BiggerPockets,  I know I should be looking for much better deals than just breaking even cash flow wise each month! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa Florida · Member since 2013 · 630 posts · 303 votes
    11y

    Hi William,

    Feel free to private message me. I would love to discuss your investment plan sometime.  I'm a relatively new investor myself and have experience working with other investors here in Louisville. 

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 20 votes
    11y

    William, you might consider contacting the folks at Investment Property Group in Louisville.  I talked to quite a few brokers and managers before I connected with them, and started acquiring properties.  They broker/manage/renovate...essentially a turn key provider.  And they are investors.  I've been very pleased and impressed with their service and professionalism.

  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    @William A. The Louisville Real Estate Team with Keller Williams is great, especially Pam! Full disclosure-she is a family member, but she helped me get my first 203k property for $30k, so there obviously wasn't much money in it for her. I am actually working with her now as well for a flip in Germantown.

    I think if your realtor is also a practicing landlord/investor as well (like she is) they are going to understand what you are looking for and have their finger on the pulse of the market. I went with her to several commissioner sales and there seems to be a lot of competition, so we eventually got our Germantown flip as a FISBO just by staying diligent and keeping our eyes peeled (Many of the comps on our street go in ~10 days, so it is a highly sought-after area with a lot of competition). 

    The deals are out there, you just have to hunt and search a bit more since the city seems to have a lot of competition and cash buyers.

  • Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 162 posts · 37 votes
    7y

    For some bizarre reason, I cannot find a "delete" option for this comment so have just added this and contacted support. Any ideas??! You would think it would be a pretty standard option. 

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 46 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @David Lowe:

    For some bizarre reason, I cannot find a "delete" option for this comment so have just added this and contacted support. Any ideas??! You would think it would be a pretty standard option. 

    I completely agree. That is something I have complained about a long time ago.    There is not way to delete comments.   It's unfortunate. 

  • Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 162 posts · 37 votes
    7y

    @William A. It was a simple slip (I had posted a comment but noticed another user had made same comment and didn't want to replicate). Then I couldn't find the "delete" option. Emailed support and they said "as a one time thing, we can delete your comment"! This should be a standard option not a privilege. It's a little medieval really. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.