Looking for a Newbie Investor in the DMV Area!

Looking for a Newbie Investor in the DMV Area!

MD · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 15 votes

Hello Everyone,

I am currently looking for 2 or 3  individuals in the DMV area that have the same level of interest and motivation in real estate investing. My goal is to buy my first Multi-Family rental property using the House Hacking strategy within 6-12 months. I am looking for someone that has never done any deals and share the same goal as me. We are going to share our knowledge, help each other and be each other's accountability partner to push one another.

I am new to the DMV so I plan to start attending DC-REIA Meetups this week. I have also been listening to podcasts (BP of course), audible books and learned a lot but would like someone I can bounce ideas off of. So if you are in the DMV and have the same mindset, lets connect and help each other grow!

4Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Elkridge, MD · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 5 votes
6y

Hi!  I’m in the DC area and I’m looking to purchase my first rental by 2020 as well.  I could use an accountability partner!

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Washington, DC · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 25 votes
    6y

    @LaQuan Bates There's a meet up that's supposed to take place next Tuesday Nov 4th in Gaithersburg. It will be my first time attending. This will be a good start

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi LaQuan, I'm in a similar situation as you. Right now I have my first deal under contract in a 50/50 partnership with my parents. I'm also looking to house hack in the near future, but will likely go for a 2-3 bedroom home and rent out the extra rooms. Let me know if you want to get a drink sometime soon— I'm in Rockville.

  • MD · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 15 votes
    6y
  • MD · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 15 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jack Barnett:

    Hi LaQuan, I'm in a similar situation as you. Right now I have my first deal under contract in a 50/50 partnership with my parents. I'm also looking to house hack in the near future, but will likely go for a 2-3 bedroom home and rent out the extra rooms. Let me know if you want to get a drink sometime soon— I'm in Rockville.

    Jack lets connect! I actually start a new job in Rockville next week so I would definitely be down to grab a drink in the area!

  • Real Estate Agent · Merritt Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 986 posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @LaQuan Bates - look up WREIA that's headed by John Peterson, it meets once a month on the Maryland side of DC and it used to have a monthly meeting on the VA side (though the latter wasn't the main one). "DMV"? Are you a transplant?

  • Elkridge, MD · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    Hi!  I’m in the DC area and I’m looking to purchase my first rental by 2020 as well.  I could use an accountability partner!

  • New to Real Estate · FORT WORTH TEXAS · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 6 votes
    6y
  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    I do not understand the DMV is for registering your car, is it now a requirement to register your house there?

  • Elkridge, MD · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Michael P.

    DMV is DC,MD, and Northern VA

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockville, MD · Member since 2018 · 56 posts · 28 votes
    6y

    Hi @LaQuan Bates! Great to see you at the REA yesterday! There's another one (different group) in downtown silver spring next Tuesday at Denizen's (its a brewery/restaurant) starting at 6pm. It's hosted by @Kevin Leahy. Hope to see you there too!

  • New to Real Estate · Watertown, NY · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Hello @Ana Coello. I have two employees in my real estate business in Silver Spring, MD that would like to attend the REA on Tuesday and we are looking to join some local real estate groups in the area.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockville, MD · Member since 2018 · 56 posts · 28 votes
    6y

    Hello @Account Closed! The ones I go to are the first Tuesday of the month at the norbeck country club at 8pm and the second Tuesday of the month at Denizens in silver spring at 6pm. Both are really great and very different. I would say try them both and see which style suits you best. If you have any questions you can always send me a message, I’m happy to help.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    6y

    @Ana Coello @Account Closed The one at Denizens is migrating dates and locations starting in January FYI.  New location will be in DC, location forthcoming, and will likely be the first Wednesday of the month going forward, except January where the 1st Wed is the 1st, so that will fall on the 8th instead for this January.

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Just as a point of reference, if you come across larger scall MF in the DMV, let me know. I have an interest in them.. 

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I am interested in finding out about bigger portfolios in the DMV... if anyone has ideas on how to go about it... 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Hello,


    I would like more info about the REIA meetups in the DMV. I am a newbie to this real estatE business and I would like to meet people with the same interests when it comes to investing in property.

  • New to Real Estate · Watertown, NY · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Ana Coello and @Russell Brazil thank you both for sharing the information with me. I truly appreciate it.

  • Investor · Halethrope, MD · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    I am new to real estate investing and I have never done a deal before but would love to connect and trade ideas as well as push each other

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa Fl · Member since 2017 · 176 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    I have just started my real estate dream by house hacking my new house. I am also looking to get a vacation rental home in Florida. If you want let us meet and get coffee and see how we can help each other.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.