Real Estate Agent · Malden, MA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
Hi all,
As a newly licensed agent, I'm looking for an investor-friendly broker in MA to hang my license with. I'm not looking to practice outside of my own investing business.
If any of you keep your license only for your own investing business, which broker are you affiliated with? Any what fees do you have to pay (realtor membership, MLS, commission split, base fee)?
Real Estate Agent · Medway , MA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 19 votes
10y
I have hung my license at a "Click and Mortar" Brokerage called Better Living Real Estate. I live in Medway and invest through my family business in the RI market. What I like the most about my Brokerage is that it is a very collegial, tech savvy Brokerage that really pushes company driven education. Each agent can choose their level of participation. Investors have a seperate split 80/20 for business transactions. Every agent can buy a property for themselves or family at 80/20 and sell their own house or a family members for a transaction fee. Investors also do a 80/20 split for sales of their own investment properties.
No matter who you land with your experience will come down to two things. Will they train you and do they have direct experience with the types of transactions you will see. Everything else in my mind is window frosting.
You can always jump ship to a higher commission split. But how much will they be there to help you succeed on a dicey foreclosure closing for a 95/5 split?
Check out JOIN.BetterLivingRE.com
Feel free to give me a call or email to discuss my experience with meeting with over 13 Brokerages in my quest to find the right one.
Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 531 posts · 266 votes
10y
I would check out 100% brokerages in your area.
Keller Williams has a cap (you go 100% after paying $25k into the company) and then you just pay a small fee per transaction. Something like that may work for you.
Real Estate Agent · Medway , MA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 19 votes
10y
I have hung my license at a "Click and Mortar" Brokerage called Better Living Real Estate. I live in Medway and invest through my family business in the RI market. What I like the most about my Brokerage is that it is a very collegial, tech savvy Brokerage that really pushes company driven education. Each agent can choose their level of participation. Investors have a seperate split 80/20 for business transactions. Every agent can buy a property for themselves or family at 80/20 and sell their own house or a family members for a transaction fee. Investors also do a 80/20 split for sales of their own investment properties.
No matter who you land with your experience will come down to two things. Will they train you and do they have direct experience with the types of transactions you will see. Everything else in my mind is window frosting.
You can always jump ship to a higher commission split. But how much will they be there to help you succeed on a dicey foreclosure closing for a 95/5 split?
Check out JOIN.BetterLivingRE.com
Feel free to give me a call or email to discuss my experience with meeting with over 13 Brokerages in my quest to find the right one.