Minneapolis MN Real Estate Investors

Minneapolis MN Real Estate Investors

Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 13 votes

Hello, Minneapolis/Minnesota/Folks reading this thread. My name is Andrew and I just started the journey of house hacking this month through buying an off market triplex in south Minneapolis near Lake Nokomis. I am moving in Sunday and demo starts right away. I would love to hear from any other folks in the area to see where you are all at. How many units? Areas to invest? GCs? SFH Multifamily? Appreciation vs. Cash Flow? REA? Buying campaigns? so on and so forth, also if any of yall know of some REI meetings to attend. I work downtown at Ameriprise let me know if you want to get lunch. God Bless

1Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

G. Brian DavisPro Member
Investor · Hatboro, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 858 votes
9y

Hi @Curtis Moe and @George Springer,

If you're interested in house hacking, check out @Tim Puffer's story on how he did it: 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/newbie-ho...

He had no experience but still did a great job. If I were starting from scratch today, house hacking is where I would start.

@Andrew Tortora, congratulations on the triplex purchase! 

Best of luck, and keep me posted on how the house hacking goes!

Cheers,

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y

     Hey @Andrew Tortora Welcome and Congrats on the Triplex! I wish I could answer some of your questions but im  about as green as it gets other then hours of hanging out on BP and reading real estate books. Let me know if you have any electrical needs, I was an electrician for a number of years before switching careers. May I ask you how you went about getting your off market deal? My goal is to House Hack a 2-4 unit building but there is nothing in my area for sale. Im thinking I need drive for dollars.

  • Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    @George Springer good to know I'll keep you in mind, my REA is an investor himself so his ear is always to the ground on deals.  There was a triplex that was overpriced and didn't sell so it was taken off the market, one of his colleagues stayed in touch with the owner and knew they were going to relish in May. I got in before that and got us a deal.  We used Eric Eickhof of Fulton realty, knows his stuff big time.  Advice: make sure your REA is an investor. Thanks for reaching out

  • Rental Property Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    Hi Andrew,

    Keep us updated on your house hacking. I have been saving aggressively for a buy and hold SFH, but just heard about all this house hacking business and it is interesting.

    I would like to do both if possible. Get a SFH to rent out, then do a househack of my own.

    Curt
    Uptown

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Hey @Curtis Moe 

    House hacking can be a great way to get started if you have not looked into it I highly recommend, There are some pretty decent deals in the Twin Cities area for good house hacks. If you ever have any questions let me know. 

    @Andrew Tortora good luck on your first house hack!!! Hope it goes well for you!

  • G. Brian DavisPro Member
    Investor · Hatboro, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 858 votes
    9y

    Hi @Curtis Moe and @George Springer,

    If you're interested in house hacking, check out @Tim Puffer's story on how he did it: 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/newbie-ho...

    He had no experience but still did a great job. If I were starting from scratch today, house hacking is where I would start.

    @Andrew Tortora, congratulations on the triplex purchase! 

    Best of luck, and keep me posted on how the house hacking goes!

    Cheers,

  • Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 743 posts · 927 votes
    9y

    @Curtis Moe @George Springer

    I'd recommend connecting with Kevin Powell on BP as he has house hacked a couple multi family properties in succession to take advantage of low down payments.

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @G. Brian Davis

    I read that article a couple weeks ago. Its excellent! very inspirational. 

  • Rental Property Investor · MN · Member since 2015 · 186 posts · 149 votes
    9y

    One of my rentals is by Lake Nokomis. Nicely finished 2 bedroom can get $1600+/mo, and 3 bedroom as high as $1900/mo.

  • Rental Property Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    @Bruce Runn

    Thanks I will look him up.

  • Rental Property Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 11 votes
    9y
  • Banker · Wayzata, MN · Member since 2016 · 59 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    @Kim Burke they also have a nice Facebook group where they post follow up from the meetings if you can't attend. 

  • Investor · Fridley, MN · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Welcome and Greetings✨

     I am also new to our journey of real estate.  My background history is the event marketing business.  I live in Minnetonka near Ridgedale and would love to connect for coffee with like-minded individuals. 

    ✨Let's Connect✨

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.