Luck with Leasing 1 Bedroom Property in Minnetonka?

Luck with Leasing 1 Bedroom Property in Minnetonka?

Rental Property Investor · Hugo, MN · Member since 2014 · 283 posts · 257 votes

Twin Cities investors, was just curious if anyone's had luck leasing up 1-bedroom units in Minnetonka or the west metro in general. I wonder about a limited tenant base for this type of property but it's a big enough market that I think I'd be able to find someone for it. 

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Bloomington MN (bloomington, mn) · Member since 2016 · 451 posts · 263 votes
5y

@Matt Jennissen I would say this would differ if you were looking to rent a 1 bedroom or a single bedroom in a house. I don't think you would have any trouble with 1 bed units but maybe with a shared house.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Are you having trouble renting it? I would think there would be a lot of single professionals in the west metro there. Have you considered putting it on airbnb?

    I have been have success doing that. Let me know if you want to talk.

  • Realtor · Bloomington MN (bloomington, mn) · Member since 2016 · 451 posts · 263 votes
    5y

    @Matt Jennissen I would say this would differ if you were looking to rent a 1 bedroom or a single bedroom in a house. I don't think you would have any trouble with 1 bed units but maybe with a shared house.

  • New to Real Estate · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    I live in the SLP/Minnetonka area and I think it would easily rent if it's a nice place. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Hugo, MN · Member since 2014 · 283 posts · 257 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Anshus:

    @Matt Jennissen I would say this would differ if you were looking to rent a 1 bedroom or a single bedroom in a house. I don't think you would have any trouble with 1 bed units but maybe with a shared house.

     Yeah makes sense! It would be a 1 bedroom unit with a separate entrance so I don't think we'd have an issue. Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Hugo, MN · Member since 2014 · 283 posts · 257 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Renee Granger:

    Are you having trouble renting it? I would think there would be a lot of single professionals in the west metro there. Have you considered putting it on airbnb?

    I have been have success doing that. Let me know if you want to talk.

    Hi Renee, it's a place we're looking into, we don't own it yet. I tend to think the same as you; there would probably be quite a few people in the west metro who'd be interested. Air BnB is even more interesting, especially once we see things start to open up more. 

    Would be great to chat sometime! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.