Travel Nurse Rental Needed - Columbia, MO

Travel Nurse Rental Needed - Columbia, MO

Columbia, MO · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 3 votes

Hey everyone! My wife is a travel nurse (I work remotely) and she is going to be starting a contract soon at the university hospital in Columbia, MO. We are looking for a place to rent (fully furnished) roughly from 2/4 - 5/23 (preferably close to the hospital). If anyone has any or knows of any open units during that time please reach out ASAP. We would be interested in at least a one-bedroom but are definitely open to something bigger. We also have a 50 lbs dog who is well behaved that will be traveling with us. 

Side note: We are also aspiring real estate investors and are looking to get into our first house hack in 2022! She works nights, so I will have free time during the evenings and some weekends (when she is working) so if anyone in Columbia is needing an extra set of hands or wants to connect with a young investor while we are there I would be more than happy to help out wherever I am needed! I have recent experience helping an investor in Wichita, KS get a house that was trashed when he purchased it ready to rent. Also, my day job is in business analytics, so I am also pretty tech and numbers savvy as well. Thanks in advance!

1Reply
20 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wichita, KS · Member since 2017 · 152 posts · 119 votes
    4y

    I saw travel nurse and Wichita and was typing. I see your looking in Missouri, good luck. I have a unit 2 blocks from St Joe that goes live this week and will hopefully be landing a similar tenant. Let’s grab a coffee sometime, I love to talk real estate. 

  • Columbia, MO · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Jason, 

    Dang, my wife would have loved 2 blocks from work! If she ever takes a contract there I will definitely reach out. 

    I am always down to grab some coffee and talk real estate! Are you based in Wichita or St Joe? 

    You may already be doing this, but consider joining a bunch of the travel nursing Facebook groups that are out there. I know my wife is in a handful of them and there are always nurses on there looking for quality places to live. 

    Also, if you haven't done this yet, reach out to the local hospital(s) and ask what agency/agencies they use to fill their travel nursing needs. Then you can let both the hospital and the agencies that fill the contracts know you have a unit super close available to rent. Heck, you might even get lucky and the hospital might just rent the thing directly from you since it is so close. 

  • Columbia, MO · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Jason, 

    I just realized you meant Ascension Via Christi St. Joseph, not St. Joseph, MO... 


    Still down to meet sometime this week or next before we leave for her contract!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.