Foundation repair/contractor referral for Durham NC?

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Apex, NC · Member since 2017 · 135 posts · 97 votes
6y

Hey @Kelly McMillan I had good success on some pretty serious foundation issues on a project in Durham and had good success with Triangle Reconstruction. I would check them out.

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Apex, NC · Member since 2017 · 135 posts · 97 votes
    6y

    Hey @Kelly McMillan I had good success on some pretty serious foundation issues on a project in Durham and had good success with Triangle Reconstruction. I would check them out.

    Good luck!

  • Property Manager · Durham, NC · Member since 2014 · 203 posts · 115 votes
    6y

    Hi @Kelly McMillan - I've got a client that has used Cornerstone Foundation on a couple of occasions (different property each time). 

  • Rental Property Investor | Realtor · Jacksonville FL | Savannah Ga |Raleigh NC · Member since 2017 · 467 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    those are great referrals, i hear foundation issues are not for faint of heart..i dont have experience with these...aren't they always a deal breaker, or do you look for these to your advantage? 

  • Investor · Apex, NC · Member since 2017 · 135 posts · 97 votes
    6y

    @Matt Berklacy foundation issues aren't always fun, but painting them with such a broad brush is a bit tough.

    It is really going to come down to the severity of the issue and the cost to repair. If it is piers and integrity of the structure that can get costly, but if you are getting the property for a price that works it can still make sense.

    If it is lesser like replacing joists and subfloor that is pretty common in the central Durham area as many houses are built pre 1970. Costs to make those repairs don't tend to cost and arm and a leg.

    It all comes down to ensuring you have enough room in the budget to hit your personal return target.

    Now if the cost to repair along with the purchase price caused the deal to decrease your return target, then at that point yes I would consider it a deal breaker.

  • Real Estate Agent · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    @Matt Berklacy I've had foundation jacked before on a property four years ago. Wasn't a deal killer and that home has been great for me! As someone mentioned, it depends on the severity of the issue. Thanks @John Blanton and @Eric Weireter for the referrals, I set up some estimates this week.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.