Visiting The Triangle on Mar 6 - love to connect with locals

Visiting The Triangle on Mar 6 - love to connect with locals

Investor · Bremerton, WA · Member since 2017 · 30 posts · 25 votes

Hey NC BP,

I'll be in the Research Triangle for the first time to check it out for my next potential home. 

Planning to explore and learn about the area both lifestyle and investment wise. Friends have said I'd enjoy living here (32 yo, enjoy being active in nature, smart kind people, and delicious food).

I househacked my first home near Seattle and am interested in doing something similar in NC. Joined TREIA and been attending the Zooms, but would love to meet folks in person and even drive for dollars.

Will be in Durham for 1 month staring March 6 and would love to connect with anyone who 1.) has recently moved to NC to get their thoughts on living there and 2.) RE investors focused on SFH homes or have househacked or 3.) Folks simply interested in sharing NC with a newbie. Feel free to post or DM.

Huge foodie, so welcome all tasty suggestions :-) to support local restaurants. Will be covid cautious with masks and plenty of sanitizer.

Thanks Everyone, 

Drew

3Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Contrarian Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2016 · 219 posts · 174 votes
5y

Drew, I know a few people in that area that could help.  Both @Vinay Kolluru and @Jeffrey Donis live closer to that area and would be more familiar.  I live in Greensboro NC, if there's anything you need help with in my area let me know.  Enjoy your trip!  

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Durham, NC · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Drew Sing Nice to meet you my name is Mark Farrington I’m a Durham native I’m born and raised here and would love to connect with you when you come to visit and show you around the city I’ll message you my information.

  • Investor · Bremerton, WA · Member since 2017 · 30 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    Thank you @Mark Farrington will DM ya. 

    Curious - do folks generally find Charlotte a better city to find SFH rental income investments with numbers that work, or are the 2 areas pretty similar in terms of values and rental income(Triangle vs. Charlotte area)? From my research, they seem similar but I may be wrong.

     

  • Contrarian Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2016 · 219 posts · 174 votes
    5y

    Drew, I know a few people in that area that could help.  Both @Vinay Kolluru and @Jeffrey Donis live closer to that area and would be more familiar.  I live in Greensboro NC, if there's anything you need help with in my area let me know.  Enjoy your trip!  

  • Investor · Cary, NC · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 89 votes
    5y

    @Drew Sing looking forward to having you here! I'm an NC native and would be happy to share my experiences with you. Reach out whenever you want.

  • Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 691 votes
    5y

    Hey Drew!

    I am in Durham- I grew up here so would be more than happy to answer any and all questions on the area!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.