What are the bad areas in Easton, PA?

8 Replies

Hi,
I have been investing in Allentown / Bethlehem area, but currently looking into Easton, PA. What are the bad areas in there that I should stay away from investing? E.g. in Allentown I wouldn't invest anywhere east of 8th street and south of Tilghman. Are there areas like that in Easton and which ones are they? Thanks in advance!

hello my name is Richard Wilkins and I currently live in Easton  I have some info for you on the areas

Originally posted by @Ivailo Dimov :

Hi,
I have been investing in Allentown / Bethlehem area, but currently looking into Easton, PA. What are the bad areas in there that I should stay away from investing? E.g. in Allentown I wouldn't invest anywhere east of 8th street and south of Tilghman. Are there areas like that in Easton and which ones are they? Thanks in advance!

I would like to hear the feedback about this town, I was previously interested

Easton is tough in my opinion, I had about 22 units around the town in the late '90s. Near the court house was safe East of 3rd was safe... I sold them all 15 years ago.

I know that Wilson is always a good place, much better schools than Easton High, I heard South Side is better than it was, I have a friend that lives there, there has been a lot of work downtown, but I do not know how much of the economy trickled down to make sure you have good tenants.

Hi,

I am also interested in Easton.  I am primarily looking for small multi's, and am trying to find DOMs and real experience with vacancy rates.  Anyone active there in the BP community?  Thanks!

Tom

following

Wilson is good d for me so far. 

Just need to screen your tenants.  

between s18 and s23 are good areas. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.