Looking for REI friendly Lawyer and CPA in eastern PA

Looking for REI friendly Lawyer and CPA in eastern PA

Mike O.Pro Member
Drums, PA · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 17 votes

Hello! I'm a newbie investor from Pennsylvania but currently living overseas. I am looking to invest in rental properties back in Pennsylvania but would like to talk to a "local" lawyer and CPA regarding setting up my business entity and record keeping for investing in PA. Does anyone have any recommendations?

-- I'm looking for REI friendly, I am new to the business, so I need someone who knows the REI business.

-- I'm also looking for people who are internet savvy/or at least email comfortable. I currently live in Korea which is an eleven hour time difference, so I would rather exchange emails than phone calls.

Thank you for any input!

1Reply
18 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Mike O.

    Check out a local REIA group in you area of interest. Most have either websites or meetup pages for you to contact them. And on their meetup page you can post your inquiry.

    good luck

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    10y

    Are you looking for professionals in SE PA or NE PA?

  • Attorney · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Hi @Mike O. --- I am a lawyer that practices and invests in Pennsylvania. If you send me a private message with where you plan to invest, I would be happy to see if I can make any recommendations for you. 

  • Mike O.Pro Member
    OP
    Drums, PA · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    @Chris K., thanks, PM sent.

    @Steve Babiak, :-) I guess I am not as use to dividing up the regions in PA this way. I am not looking at Philadelphia, so not SE. I am looking in the Harrisburg area, is that more Central PA?

    @David Krulac, I see there is a REA in the Harrisburg area, I will try contacting someone there.

  • Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Mike O.

    I go to REIAS in Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Lancaster and York

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Mike O.

    Amanda Han is a real estate CPA active on BP

    Paul

  • Glen Mills, PA · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I'm looking for these professionals in the SE PA.  More specifically Delaware and Chester County Area.  Any recommendations are appreciated.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.