Looking to get my investing start in eastern PA

Looking to get my investing start in eastern PA

Collegeville, PA · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 10 votes

Hello BP,

I would like to get started on building my future through real estate.  First, though, I need to build a team.  I'm looking for an investor friendly real estate agent and/or a mentor to help me find deals, analyze deals, and help me recognize things I might be overlooking.  I see myself keeping my investments close(ish) to home in the eastern half of PA for at least the first few years.  I'm interested in flips to start out so I can build some capital.  Then, I would like to move into the rental scene for passive income.

Thanks for reaching out.

0Reply
15 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rod StanbackBusiness Member
    Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 92 posts · 45 votes
    9y

    Hi @Jason Unrath,

    Do you have any particular cities or towns in mind in eastern PA that you would  like to begin your investing? I am originally from the area and currently an active investor in Philly. I have a ton of resources and knowledge. 

    If I can assist in anyway, feel free to reach out. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    9y

    I suggest you explore what the DIG REIA has to offer http://digonline.org/

  • Collegeville, PA · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Rod Stanback I'm currently looking at Pottstown and Lancaster.

  • Investor · Lancaster, PA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    The Lancaster market is very hot right now and getting expensive, especially in downtown. 1% is doable but cash is helpful to get the deal.

  • Real Estate Agent · Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2014 · 529 posts · 217 votes
    9y

    I just saw an add on Craigslist for a property in Pottsville. 2 properties for 10,000! Not too familiar with the area but I know it's depressed.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.