Rental Property Investment Opportunies Available

Rental Property Investment Opportunies Available

Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes

I currently have 200k I'd like to invest in South Carolina. I'm looking for rental properties that would require some minor improvements (cabinets, paint, etc) for BRRRR. I currently live in CA but found South Carolina has an enticing rent to price ratio. I would be a first time property buyer. Would love to connect with agents and/or general advice people can advise for me. I would be open to any other rental properties in the country as well.

P.S. - Do most rental properties in the area have hurricane insurance? Are there any yearly updates required for the roof due to hurricanes?

1Reply
61 views

Most Popular Reply

Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 69 posts · 29 votes
6y

Make sure you research & understand the SC property taxes when owning rental properties living out of state, still can work, but they are higher than owner occupant taxes.

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 189 posts · 53 votes
    6y

    Hey Satinder Singh, 

    i am a SC agent that works just south of Charlotte NC. There are alot of opportunities out here for that type of deal. I actually have a client who is looking for a similar deal. I would love to connect further. Send me a DM and let's talk further about opportunities.

    Jeremy

  • Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Jeremy Hunter

    I am a remodeling contractor that lives in Charlotte. I am looking to partner up or gain experience in any way I can to do some investing myself.

  • New to Real Estate · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2019 · 73 posts · 46 votes
    6y

    @Jeremy Hunter I would like to connect with you as well.

  • New to Real Estate · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2019 · 73 posts · 46 votes
    6y

    @Chris Plummer let's chat

  • Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @James Williams absolutely! I have a slow week this week if you have time...

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 69 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    Make sure you research & understand the SC property taxes when owning rental properties living out of state, still can work, but they are higher than owner occupant taxes.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Piedmont, SC · Member since 2018 · 119 posts · 50 votes
    6y

    @Satinder Singh what parts of South Carolina are you looking in? I normally work in the upstate of sc but let me know if there is anything I can help you with. Good luck.

  • New to Real Estate · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2019 · 73 posts · 46 votes
    6y

    @Chris Plummer I define have time.

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @John Hovanec Thanks John. I am looking mostly in Charleston area. However, I am not attached to any region in particular, as long as it is a good deal in an easy to rent area I would be interested. Are there any cities in your domain that fits what I am looking for?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Piedmont, SC · Member since 2018 · 119 posts · 50 votes
    6y

    @Satinder Singh we have a lot of areas in the upstate that are good areas for buy and hold. Just depends on what rate of return you want. Charleston is a great area. We visit there often.

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @John Hovanec I would be happy to get 12% ROI, not sure how realistic this is in current market. That's why I am open to distressed properties, or anything that can increase in value with some work.

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Kevin Stringari very good tip, thanks!

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 69 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    You should also look into NC for rentals. Return is good in Charlotte suburbs. PM me if you want some examples..tax in NC is not issue like S.C., they are same regardless.

  • Realtor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 357 posts · 292 votes
    6y

    @Satinder Singh I like the strategy. I think the part of SC you want to invest in depends on what return you want and what strategy you want. ie long term rentals or airbnb. Charleston has a ton of Airbnbs which would give you a higher cash flow. Especially if you want higher cash flow to get started and then acquire some long term ones to even out risk. I'm not sure what the zoning restrictions are or if there even are any. Something to chat about with an agent there if that's something you're interested in. 

    With the coast, I'm sure they would require some sort of hurricane insurance. That coastline can get hit pretty hard during the hurricane season. 

    As far as long term rentals go, there are a lot of good spots. Have you looked into Columbia?

    I personally work in the Charlotte area, including the outskirts in SC but not anywhere near the coast so I won't be much help personally. I could connect you with someone if you'd like though

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mount Pleasant, SC · Member since 2013 · 547 posts · 235 votes
    6y

    @Satinder Singh I can help with your search in Charleston

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.