Things you like and dislike about your current Property Manager

Things you like and dislike about your current Property Manager

Real Estate Consultant · Salt Lake City · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 48 votes

I am interested to know the things that your PM does that you most appreciate as an owner and the things they do that cause you the biggest headaches. I have worked for a couple different management companies and have been a tenant for a number of years, and to be completely honest I have been appalled by the lack of professionalism and overall effort I've seen on the part of several very prominent PMs here in the Salt Lake Valley. 

At the end of the day you are going to get what you pay for and you can hardly pay a management company bare minimum and expect a spectacular job to be done. That being said what have your experiences been with the companies that you have worked with?

I am a firm believer that an organized, thorough, professional PM is a catalysis to a successful investing career. However, I feel like if investors knew what I know about some of these companies they would think twice about trusting them with their investments!

1Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    Pros - My PM is fair and honest, makes reasonable decisions, is a decent handyman, builds valuable relationships, is easy to contact, is very cost effective, strong and handsome.

    Cons - My PM tends to read the news and drink coffee too long in the mornings, takes too long for lunch, randomly stops working in the afternoon, will spend 8 hours working on something that takes a professional two hours, drives a crappy Ford Ranger and buys work clothes at Goodwill and is neither strong nor handsome.

  • Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 104 posts · 33 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Schiess 

    I just started managing some properties for a group and it was really shocking to see all the issues that were being ignored. I would be curious to hear your experience in the PM world and what you have seen/experienced. Feel free to send me a message or call me anytime. 

    @Terrell Garren 

    That's pretty funny!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.