What brokerage do you recommend for a new RE agent?

What brokerage do you recommend for a new RE agent?

Real Estate Agent · Bentonville AR · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 7 votes

Hey y'all lovely BiggerPocketers,

I just passed my real estate exam this morning and am trying to figure out which brokerage to go into (in Bentonville/Fayetteville/Rogers/NWA area). I've read the regular online advice re: office culture, office manager, coaching, teaching, training, independent vs. franchised, etc. Can you share some specific experiences you've had, good and bad with your brokerage? Maybe things you wish you had known starting out? 

  • Would also be interested to know if you've ever considered online brokerage like Fathom (or any other ones)?
  • Also, is it fairly easy to transfer from one brokerage to another?

Thank you all!

0Reply
23 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2017 · 375 posts · 240 votes
    5y

    Hey @Jingjing Yu. I have been with 2 different brokrages, and have been an agent since 2014. I would associate the brokrages to dating. What are you looking for. All of them will hire you, but which one do you want? If you are looking to do this part-time and don't need much support then Fathom could be a great option. If I were to do it all over again I would have joined a team and not cared about how much I would be getting per deal, but what could I expect for the entire year. Becasue I am in this full-time and wanted to be in full-time I would have joined a team so I could close 30 deals my first year and get that experience, and wealth of knowledge under my belt quicker. My brother joined me in real estate and is about to complete his first year making 6 figures! Yes, I have helped, but it is partnered with his hard work! He shows up every day giving his best and learning to better himself.

    I choose KW becasue I knew I wanted to build my own company and learn how others have done it. I don't really care about who is the "cheapest." I care where I can get the most revenue and where I think I can grow as a individual and business owner. That is why I am with kw. 

    Yes it is very simple to transfer practically, but the hardship is in marketing. You will then need to switch out all your signs and marketing. You also lose a little be of brand Identity and credibility if you jump from place to place. 

    Now this is all my opinion and each brokrage offers something different. Interview at least three to see which one fits best for you

  • Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Jingjing Yu where did you take your exam? I thought they had closed exams due to Covid

  • Real Estate Agent · Bentonville AR · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Rick Dreyer:

    @Jingjing Yu where did you take your exam? I thought they had closed exams due to Covid

    I took the exam at the Pearson Vue testing center in Rogers. I think all the testing centers are open, just have to wear mask and have some additional cleaning routine due to COVID. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.