• San Diego, CA
Votes |
A Message to San Diego Companies

Theressa Miciano
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted May 21 2020, 21:25

Hey BP,

I am currently active duty Navy as an Electrician's Mate and have less than 6 months before getting out. There is a program called Skillbridge that allows transitioning service members the opportunity to intern (unpaid) with a company anywhere between 2-6 months before end of service. 

Unfortunately, not too many people know about this program so my options in the San Diego are somewhat slim and in fields I am not particularly interested in.

I would prefer to be in the renovation side of things. Contracting, flipping, etc.

My husband, @Erwin Miciano, and I recently closed on a local triplex. Currently house-hacking and in the process of a BRRRR. I want to align my future career with real estate.

What I can bring to the table, I have always been put in a supervisory position. The past four years I have been working in multiple areas from electrical work, maintenance, and most recently logistics. Some of my responsibilities include maintaining budgets, maintenance quality assurance, and training personnel.

My question is, are there any companies here that would be willing or know of anyone I can reach out  to that would be interested in the Skillbridge program?

Thanks,

Theressa

Loading replies...