Meetup in North County

Meetup in North County

Investor · San Diego · Member since 2021 · 86 posts · 91 votes

Hey everyone - I recently moved to North County and am looking for a meetup. Would anyone be interested? Maybe at a brewery? I've seen a few for downtown, but I'd love to start one here. I'm a beginner and looking to purchase my first property (just started a new job, so in a waiting period to qualify for a loan), so this would be a casual meetup for any experience level. Leave a comment or send me a message if you're interested!

6Reply
117 views

Most Popular Reply

Dan H.Pro Member
Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
5y
Originally posted by @Manraj Singh:

@Dan Heuschele isn’t that Janice ?

I used to attend her’s in RB. nice group indeed

Yes, Janice Bell.  Hiking buddy.  RE sounding board.  has pretty good guests at her meetup.   Also occasionally has site field trips which I really try to attend.  Less newbie ratio than the more social meetups.  I believe it is far above average and I am not stating that solely because Janice is a friend.  I have gone to more of her meetups, including field trips, in last 2 years than any other meetup group.

Because of the content (private lending masters) there are attendees with significant success (I.e. have disposable money to invest for the right opportunity).

We (Janice and I) have done quite a few hikes together: lost coast, Havasupai (highly recommend for any hiker/photographer), multiple sections of PCT, San Gorgonio day hike, started JMT together (finished with her son and 3 other boys, epic trip), too many local hikes to list. 

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Mel Adams:

    Hey everyone - I recently moved to North County and am looking for a meetup. Would anyone be interested? Maybe at a brewery? I've seen a few for downtown, but I'd love to start one here. I'm a beginner and looking to purchase my first property (just started a new job, so in a waiting period to qualify for a loan), so this would be a casual meetup for any experience level. Leave a comment or send me a message if you're interested!

     There are numerous meetup in north San Diego.  Look at Meetup.com and BP.  NSREI is pretty good. Private Lending Masters organized by a friend is pretty good in RB.  Many of the central meetups have an associated north county version.   

    Good luck

  • Member since 2021 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    I would be interested in meeting up. I am in Escondido. My wife and I are investors. Let me know. 

  • Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    I'm in San Marcos and just starting out as well. I'd be interested in meeting up!

  • New to Real Estate · San Diego · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Dan Heuschele isn’t that Janice ?

    I used to attend her’s in RB. nice group indeed

  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Manraj Singh:

    @Dan Heuschele isn’t that Janice ?

    I used to attend her’s in RB. nice group indeed

    Yes, Janice Bell.  Hiking buddy.  RE sounding board.  has pretty good guests at her meetup.   Also occasionally has site field trips which I really try to attend.  Less newbie ratio than the more social meetups.  I believe it is far above average and I am not stating that solely because Janice is a friend.  I have gone to more of her meetups, including field trips, in last 2 years than any other meetup group.

    Because of the content (private lending masters) there are attendees with significant success (I.e. have disposable money to invest for the right opportunity).

    We (Janice and I) have done quite a few hikes together: lost coast, Havasupai (highly recommend for any hiker/photographer), multiple sections of PCT, San Gorgonio day hike, started JMT together (finished with her son and 3 other boys, epic trip), too many local hikes to list. 

  • New to Real Estate · San Diego · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    I agree, Janice's group and the presenters are very knowledgeable. Unlike other larger meetups in north county, this feels a bit more personal and involved! It is also quite varied in content.

    Although, there is 1 think I am not too keen on. They recently ( last year) started promoting Tony-Robbins like mentorship/mindset programs. Obviously the speakers pitch an idea and want you to sign up for the main class. There may be an audience for that, I am not too keen for those at this stage.

    There is another group hosted by Kathleen Nguyen in north county too. I have enjoyed listening to their speakers aswell - range from note investing , live deals and current projects etc

    I stopped going to live meetups post Covid, but might start going back soon. 

  • Member since 2021 · 28 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Mel Adams i am a newbie as well. I am from South San Diego but I am willing to drive for a meet up. I just have to coordinate things with the babysitter. Thank you

  • Member since 2021 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Anyone know of a management company? 

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 286 posts · 135 votes
    5y

    @Mel Adams

    What Dan said about meetup. There are a few in North County that have started in person meetups again. The SDCFI by Kathleen has gone virtual, not sure if its going to return to in person but they always have great speakers/guests like Bill Tan who teaches the calculator class.

    There’s one tomorrow but its near downtown San Diego.

  • Member since 2021 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    i am interested 

  • Member since 2021 · 28 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Dan Heuschele interested! I’ll just have to coordinate with my wife’s days off

  • Member since 2021 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    So which brewery? 

  • Investor · Oceanside, CA · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 38 votes
    5y

    Hey @Mel Adams, totally up to join if you do create one!

    Myself and @Jessica Muto host a North County meetup similar to what you're talking about at the Windmill in Carlsbad. The added benefit is that there's some food options in addition to local beers / full bar. We meet once a month Friday evenings. 

    Here's the link for the October meetup if you're interested - https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

  • Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake, City · Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Mel Adams for sure check out Truerealestatemeetup. Great groups, very friendly and you can learn so much just from a chat. We meet at the windmill food hall once a month. I feel there is a need for another here in north county. I’m in Oceanside and would love to get another one started. 🤙🏽

  • Member since 2021 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    When is the next one at the windmill? 

  • Investor · Oceanside, CA · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 38 votes
    5y

    Hi @Ahmed Megahed, it'll be Friday October 29th at 530pm - Click here for event details. Hope to meet you there!

  • Investor · San Diego · Member since 2021 · 86 posts · 91 votes
    4y

    @Daniel Godbout Hey Daniel! Sounds great, thanks for letting me know. I'll plan to be there. Looking forward to meeting you guys! 

  • Oceanside, CA · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    @Daniel Godbout Hi Daniel! Would love to join if you guys are still meeting up this Friday!

  • Investor · Oceanside, CA · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 38 votes
    4y

    Yeah for sure @Tony Ramirez, we’ll be there!! Will be great to meet you. 

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    @Daniel Godbout Awesome to hear about a meetup in San Diego with other OOS investors. When is the next one taking place?

  • Investor · Oceanside, CA · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 38 votes
    4y

    Hi @Evan Bolender, It'll be at the end of Jan (Probably 28th)- we skipped December with the holiday, but it's typically the last Friday of the month.

    Will try and schedule it next week with @Jessica Muto. 

    Look forward to meeting you. Definitely plenty of OOS investors attend including myself and others in this thread like @Mel Adams. I know a few investing/operating in KC if you need any resources there outside of the meetup. Let me know if I can help in any way.  

    Daniel 

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    @Daniel Godbout great to hear, look forward to meeting you as well. Will definitely plan on coming to the meeting in January, keep me updated on the details.

    Thanks,
    Evan

  • Member since 2021 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    When are we meeting?? 

  • Investor · 32211 · Member since 2018 · 100 posts · 48 votes
    4y

    Thanks @Daniel Godbout! I'll be making the event here and on FB this weekend. @Ahmed Megahed the next meet up is Friday the 28th of January at 5:30. Location will likely be Booze Bros in Vista. 

  • Investor · San Diego · Member since 2021 · 86 posts · 91 votes
    4y

    @Evan Bolender look forward to meeting you! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.