Financial Planners w/ Real Estate Saavy in Denver?

Financial Planners w/ Real Estate Saavy in Denver?

Zachary R.Pro Member
Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 3 votes

Hey guys - 

I've come to realize over the past 18 months that my financial advisor is a great guy, good at his job, but simply not specialized in what my goals are.  It seems like each time I promote a financial strategy, I'm met with "that's a great idea, you're doing the right things."

I want to find a financial strategist, not just advisor, that understands the acceleration I'm setting goals around.  I.e. not just retirement planning with conventional products, but freeing up cash and putting it to work in creative ways.

A referral from BP seems to make much more sense, does anyone have suggestions on someone local that works with real estate investors specifically? Products that I already have understanding of and established vehicles for:

-401K

-Traditional IRA

-Paid Up whole life policy

-Individually taxed investment accounts

-Real Estate portfolio of SFR's

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Larkspur, CO · Member since 2017 · 115 posts · 77 votes
8y

I highly recommend Calvin Lennberg who is a CFP and owns Advanced Investments in Denver/Castle Rock. He is an extremely knowledgeable financial planner, but he also holds his Colorado Real Estate License and understands/advises in real estate acquisition as part of your overall portfolio. I'll PM you his contact info (as I cannot post here). 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Larkspur, CO · Member since 2017 · 115 posts · 77 votes
    8y

    I highly recommend Calvin Lennberg who is a CFP and owns Advanced Investments in Denver/Castle Rock. He is an extremely knowledgeable financial planner, but he also holds his Colorado Real Estate License and understands/advises in real estate acquisition as part of your overall portfolio. I'll PM you his contact info (as I cannot post here). 

  • Zachary R.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Phillip Bicker!  I'll reach out to him.  Very much appreciated.

  • Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    You normally don't see FPers pushing RE since they don't get paid off of it.

  • Member since 2018 · 509 posts · 211 votes
    8y

    The problem with RE advisors is they will push RE no matter what. 

    You need to be your own advisor. 

  • MBA, CFP®, EA · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 175 posts · 207 votes
    8y

    So this is a very interesting post because I happen to be a CFP/ investment advisor as well as owning an accounting firm. That being said, the model of financial advisory needs to change relative to the client. In most cases, none of my clients own more real estate than I do, which gives me the ability to advise them in multiple areas of their financial lives, including real estate. Most advisors that work for the bigger advisory firms are not being compensated for real estate advise, hence its not ordinarily in the best interest..Obviously there are cases where it would be. I tend to lean towards the advisors that are able to give advice on investments, retirement, real estate, taxes and business consulting. There isn't many out there that do all the above but they can be found. 

  • Fort Myers Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 225 posts · 124 votes
    7y
    Could you send me his contact info also?

    Pete
    Originally posted by @Phillip Bicker:

    I highly recommend Calvin Lennberg who is a CFP and owns Advanced Investments in Denver/Castle Rock. He is an extremely knowledgeable financial planner, but he also holds his Colorado Real Estate License and understands/advises in real estate acquisition as part of your overall portfolio. I'll PM you his contact info (as I cannot post here). 

  • Real Estate Investor · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    Interesting post.  I have looked for such an advisor and can't find one.  I just want to pay them by the hour, like a lawyer or accountant, to advise me on things like what my 401k is invested in AND help deciphering various real estate investments (especially syndicated deals) that I look at. While I trust myself I would prefer an outside smart person to weigh in.

  • Real Estate Broker · Larkspur, CO · Member since 2017 · 115 posts · 77 votes
    7y

    I believe that the previously mentioned CFP (Calvin Lennberg) prefers the traditional fee structure based on funds invested, but he may be willing to advise for an hourly rate equivalent to an attorney ($250/hr or so). He is extremely knowledgeable on investments, real estate holds, alternative investments (syndications), flips, and is personally involved/invested in each. 

  • Fort Myers Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 225 posts · 124 votes
    7y
    I followed up with Calvin, seems like a legit guy, very knowledgable


    Originally posted by @Phillip Bicker:

    I highly recommend Calvin Lennberg who is a CFP and owns Advanced Investments in Denver/Castle Rock. He is an extremely knowledgeable financial planner, but he also holds his Colorado Real Estate License and understands/advises in real estate acquisition as part of your overall portfolio. I'll PM you his contact info (as I cannot post here). 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.