Loan without enough references o credit for a newbie in US.

Loan without enough references o credit for a newbie in US.

Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 11 votes

Hello,

I just moved to Orlando from Dominican Republic. I am allien resident since 2013 but I have low references and credit history in US. I bought an apartment here in Orlando in Janurary/2014 and rented it. This is my only income right now here and I receive other incomes from Santo Domingo. Is it possible to get a mortgage in my situation? Where could I go? I appreciate this great community for your help. I hope to be helpful in the future too. Thank you.

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2008 · 551 posts · 159 votes
10y
Originally posted by @Domingo Santana:

Hello,

I just moved to Orlando from Dominican Republic. I am allien resident since 2013 but I have low references and credit history in US. I bought an apartment here in Orlando in Janurary/2014 and rented it. This is my only income right now here and I receive other incomes from Santo Domingo. Is it possible to get a mortgage in my situation? Where could I go? I appreciate this great community for your help. I hope to be helpful in the future too. Thank you.

 Domingo, there are lenders who lend to foreign nationals if you need non-US income to qualify. A good mortgage broker will have a relationship with a lender that offers a Foreign National loan.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    @Domingo Santana, it depends entirely on just what that income from Santo Domingo is, what you can document, documented probability of continued receipt, etc.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Thank you @Chris Mason It is monthly income

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2008 · 551 posts · 159 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Domingo Santana:

    Hello,

    I just moved to Orlando from Dominican Republic. I am allien resident since 2013 but I have low references and credit history in US. I bought an apartment here in Orlando in Janurary/2014 and rented it. This is my only income right now here and I receive other incomes from Santo Domingo. Is it possible to get a mortgage in my situation? Where could I go? I appreciate this great community for your help. I hope to be helpful in the future too. Thank you.

     Domingo, there are lenders who lend to foreign nationals if you need non-US income to qualify. A good mortgage broker will have a relationship with a lender that offers a Foreign National loan.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Thank you @John Kent

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Domingo Santana:

    Thank you @Chris Mason It is monthly income

     "Monthly income" is insufficient information. Really you need to get tight with a local mortgage professional that has access to portfolio products, and need to cough up aaaaaaalllll the paperwork to get a meaningful answer. 

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    I understand @Chris M. I will grab all the informations and will approach to a local mortgage broker.  I appreciate your help.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.