Need guidance on Orlando Airbnb Investment

Need guidance on Orlando Airbnb Investment

Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 2 votes

Looking for guidance on investing in airbnb property in Orlando.  Live in Denver.  Up to 500k but would be happy with smaller investment to put our toes in the water.  Would love to here from investors who could give recommendations on agent selection.  Open to different occupancies but would really like to find a traditional single family with a in-law suite to be used as an airbnb.  Will be visiting in February and would like to have a solid direction by then if not earlier.

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 7 votes
7y

Be sure to look outside the city of Orlando. City recently implemented strong regulations on Airbnb. Levied heavy fines and hired an outside company to track us all down. Not a fun time. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I am by no means an expert, I am in fact a complete novice.  I do however have a little advice to give considering this was something I had been looking to do as well.  I had been looking for something I could AirBnB so I would have a place to stay while in Orlando and I have to say the market is very saturated.  Whatever you think your vacancy rate will be, double it.    I'm sure it's working for someone, but I would be prepared to end up covering the mortgage yourself.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Be sure to look outside the city of Orlando. City recently implemented strong regulations on Airbnb. Levied heavy fines and hired an outside company to track us all down. Not a fun time. 

  • Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Thank you guys. I am under contract in Wondsor Hills.

  • Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Warren Mitchell

    How is it going? I am looking at a property in Windsor Hills myself.  Have you closed on your deal?

  • Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    We were waiting for a FRPTA exeception certificate.  It just came through today and we are shooting to close on Monday.  

  • Investor · Tallahassee · Member since 2019 · 249 posts · 93 votes
    5y

    @Warren Mitchell wanted to ask how your STR experience has been in this past year. @Mark Collins did you end up getting something in Windsor Hill?

  • Member since 2020 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    Following...

  • New York, NY · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    Following as well and eager to hear updates on how this went @Warren Mitchell @Mark Collins

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.