Anyone ever subdivide a lot in East Point?

Anyone ever subdivide a lot in East Point?

Real Estate Broker · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 229 posts · 145 votes

I'm looking at an off market 2 acre lot with a house in a residential neighborhood, just one of those odd large lots in an otherwise decent neighborhood that I'm familiar with.  The owner says it can be subdivided based on a vague discussion he had with the city 25 years ago. Hmmm...  


I've read through the muni code and the application for this type of process, but I wasn't clear on what the deal-breakers are and what I should look out for.  I'm still doing a feasibility analysis and I'll try contacting East Point, too.  Anyone have any ideas or experience to share?

0Reply
10 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Marietta, GA · Member since 2014 · 135 posts · 105 votes
    5y

    @Nicholas LaGatta

    The best bet is to call the city. Think of the happiest thing you can, dial the number and then politely ask the zoning department how they would look at it. If you want to spend a little money, call a zoning consultant and ask them if they can study to see if he or she thinks the subdivision appeal will get approved. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.