Local Community Bank for HELOC up to 90% LTV

Local Community Bank for HELOC up to 90% LTV

Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 2 votes

Afternoon BP!

I'm looking to take out a HELOC on my primary residence. I've been reaching out to smaller local banks, but thus far, the few I've contacted only offer 80% LTV. If anyone has any leads on local banks or credit unions in Chicago or surrounding suburbs that offer 90%LTV for a HELOC, I'd greatly appreciate any leads.

0Reply
35 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    I'm not sure about local/community banks but I know US Bank goes to 90% LTV on HELOC's.

  • Joey NakayamaPro Member
    Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 129 posts · 68 votes
    9y

    First Midwest Bank will do up to 90% LTV.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the replies.. 

    @Keith Ellis I applied with US Bank for a 20K HELOC. They sent me a letter with a offer of 15K instead. Letter stated for me to go to my local branch to accept the offer. Went into the branch, they look up my loan number, and it had been "overturned", so they won't honor what they approved me for after a 30 day process of submitting every doc they requested. I'm perplexed by this whole ordeal. was hoping a smaller local back would be bit more personable through the process.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 28 posts · 11 votes
    9y
    Andigo Credit Union (used to be Motorola CU) does 90% HELOC on primary up to 300K.
  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 172 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    First Midwest* 

    Byline Bank

    First Eagle

    We've talked to several credit unions in the past and they will do 90% as well.

    Some also say they will do 90% but then depending on property value that might change (*First Midwest) or they will go to 90% but max line cannot exceed a certain amount.  Best to have all your numbers (credit score included)  to describe a scenario to a banker.

    Good luck.

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    When I was in the market for a HELOC in 2015 I came across a few that were doing 100% LTV if it wasn't a condo, I believe US Bank was one as well as some CUs that had easy ways of becoming a member

    I ended up going with First Midwest because I do have a condo, but now that it's Huntington I'm not sure if they're still in that game

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 515 posts · 247 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Ken Jones:

    Afternoon BP!

    I'm looking to take out a HELOC on my primary residence. I've been reaching out to smaller local banks, but thus far, the few I've contacted only offer 80% LTV. If anyone has any leads on local banks or credit unions in Chicago or surrounding suburbs that offer 90%LTV for a HELOC, I'd greatly appreciate any leads.

    I recently closed(2 weeks ago) a HELOC at 90% LTV with Fifth Third.

  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Evergreen Bank and TCF in IL go up to 90% for HELOCs.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.