Other listing sources apart from Redfin, Trulia, Zillow, etc?

Other listing sources apart from Redfin, Trulia, Zillow, etc?

Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 10 votes

My main source for looking for properties is RedFin and I used the other sites listed as well. I'm wondering what other options are available for ways to find for sale properties? 

My current goal: Find a 2-3 flat place for me to live in and rent out the other units. Looking at several Chicago neighborhoods.

Advice is appreciated!

0Reply
7 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Victor SoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 324 posts · 193 votes
    9y
    Hey Byron W. ! I sometimes use realtor.com along with the other sites you mentioned. I use Craigslist to look at off market properties and actually got my first deal through it. I also have several real estate agents send me properties from the MLS. I just called experienced real estate agents in the areas I wanted to invest in and gave them specifications on what I was looking for (single family homes, multifamily units, price range, etc) and they programmed the MLS to send me automated listings throughout the day. Hope this helps! Victor
    Victor So Real Estate LLC517 Reviews
  • Victor SoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 324 posts · 193 votes
    9y
    Byron W. Which Chicago neighborhoods are you looking at?
    Victor So Real Estate LLC517 Reviews
  • Investor · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Byron W. LoopNet sometimes has some good stuff on there, even 2-4 unit spots. Also, I work for Redfin so I am glad you are getting use of the site :)
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 515 posts · 247 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Byron W.:

    My main source for looking for properties is RedFin and I used the other sites listed as well. I'm wondering what other options are available for ways to find for sale properties? 

    My current goal: Find a 2-3 flat place for me to live in and rent out the other units. Looking at several Chicago neighborhoods.

    Advice is appreciated!

     What price range are you looking at?  What neighborhoods are you looking in?  

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 10 votes
    9y
    I've been looking in Bronzeville, Avondale, Hyde Park and surrounding areas. Looking to keep it under $400k for a 2 unit. And under $500k for a 3 unit.
  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 10 votes
    9y
    As an aside, I'm interested in finding other means of finding properties apart from the popular websites. I feel like I'm missing opportunities on other places that may not be listed on these sites.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.