Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 256 posts · 250 votes
Hey all,
I am planning on moving out of my Wicker Park condo soon and shopping a few management companies that are focused on short term management. Ive been quoted a range from 22 - 29% for full service management (cleaning, consumables, marketing, collections, online inquiries, etc) - curious if others have any recommendations on a solid company with a good rate.
It wont be worth my time to reset unit several times per month so Im prepared to pay the fee, but I prefer their definition of "full service" mean that I rarely need to be involved unless there is a serious issue.
Also, any advice on if its worth piggy back on a management companies "pooled reviews" or better to build my own brand and battle until I have 10+ reviews?
Property Manager · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 51 votes
8y
@Jake Fugman PM'd you about our full service management services. We have the same definition of full service, you wouldn't be involved in day-day at all.
Property Manager · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 51 votes
8y
@Jake Fugman PM'd you about our full service management services. We have the same definition of full service, you wouldn't be involved in day-day at all.
Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 930 votes
8y
Airbnb itself also has current hosts who would be willing to service your spot. Check for superhosts who have signed up for this service. It's called co-hosting. Depending on where it is, I'd do it for much less than 20%. I'm a superhost.
Fort Walton Beach , FL · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
8y
I am an owner of few beach front condos in Florida and have 15 years experience with management co big and small and finally I decided to self manage , it turned out to be the best decision. But I enjoy hospitality business.
Here is the cons about management co.
- Housekeeping is never as you would expect. Even when they charge you deep cleaning fee twice/ year. 3 times the price of regular cleaning.
- After few months you'll go to see hour condo and you will find maintenance issues not taken care of like scuffs in wall because of luggage. Scratches on furniture. Broken curtain rod.... Small things that the renters abuse but not fixed.
-You'll see debits in your monthly statement for bulbs,batteries, plunging toilet, etc..every month and you can't know if they actually did what you are being charged for! Unless you sign up for monthly maintenance with a$25 to $40 a month and that only covets the first 30 minutes of the job.
I manage my condos long distance too. The secret to the success of my model is securing the best housekeeper and pay her more than average. And a handyman. Don't forget to buy home warranty, it comes very handy.
Sorry if I am down on management cos. It was my experience.
I would second what Steve Kehoe says. I just got off a consultation call with Billy at AllSet Turnover and found him to be very knowledgeable and professional. He seems well versed in the regulation issues affecting Chicago, as well.