Help Needed: Cash Out Refinance + Heloc on Investment Property

Help Needed: Cash Out Refinance + Heloc on Investment Property

Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes

Greeting Investors,

I need your help and advises team. Two of my properties are holding great equity and I want to get some cash out.

I am a Buy and Hold investor in the Chicago area.  

1. (HELOC on Investment Property) - I have this multifamily property I purchased with an FHA loan 3 years go (live in it and move out later, hacking). It has at least 100K  in equity. I have a great rate, 3.25% and it is cashing flow well. Refinancing this property is not an option because of high interest rates. I want to tap into the equity and re-invest into purchasing multi family properties. 

- Do you know of Banks (Local Chicago Banks) that will do an HELOC on investment property (75% or higher) beside Wells Fargo (i believe they are at 55%-60% LTV)

- What would you do to tap into the equity?

- Do you know of local banks I should build relationship with in order to build my real estate empire?

2. (Cash Out Refinance) - I have this multifamily property I purchased as investment with 25% down using a traditional loan. It has at least 60-80K  in equity. the Rate on it is 5.25%  and it is cashing flow very well. I want to refinance this property and pull some cash out to re-invest into purchasing multi family properties. 

- Do you know of Banks (Local Chicago Banks) that will do a Cash Out Refinance at 70% or higher? 

- What would you do to tap into the equity?

Thank you so much for you help and support.

Bart

0Reply
11 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Aurora, IL · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    Bart,

    If you are looking for a commercial lender for the 70+% cash-out refi, I can give you the name of the bank I use in the western burbs.

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Thomas Peddle thank you for your message. Can you please give me the name of the bank you used in the west burbs.

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    @Bart Kabore - pen fed credit union is the only one I know that does a HELOC on a NOO property. Before considering a HELOC to avoid a refi - consider the cost of PMI that you are throwing away every month on the FHA loan. It may be worth a rate increase to drop the PMI.

    Sam will do a cash out at 70% LTV. II don't know any lender who will do higher on a NOO property. I will message you his info

  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 438 posts · 193 votes
    7y

    @Bart Kabore, if this is a 4unit or less, you can go up to 80% on an investment, cash-out.  Feel free to PM me and I can tell you more.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.