Chicago Area Mortgage Broker with Small Multi-Family Experience

Chicago Area Mortgage Broker with Small Multi-Family Experience

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello All and hope you're enjoying the holiday weekend.

I'm local to the Chicago area and looking to assemble a team with the goal of purchasing a small multi-family house hack. If you have any referrals for a mortgage broker who has experience in the space it would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Victor

0Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2020 · 49 posts · 7 votes
6y

@John Warren

John I’d like in on that info too for the mortgage broker...please share if possible! I’m currently looking to break away from the larger banks...I know there’s better options out there.

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sarita ScherpereelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 659 posts · 376 votes
    6y

    @Victor Kamesar House hacking is a great to start investing. I can send you a few recommendations if you’d like to direct message me. @Michael Facchini is a great resource that is on the PB forums often. You might want to start by talking with him. Best of luck!

  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    @Victor Kamesar you have plenty of options here on BP. I use a lender with Loan Depot who got me started as an investor and has helped quite a few of my clients as well. I will send a PM with his info. 

  • Member since 2020 · 49 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @John Warren

    John I’d like in on that info too for the mortgage broker...please share if possible! I’m currently looking to break away from the larger banks...I know there’s better options out there.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thank you @Sarita Scherpereel and @John Warren for your inputs, I appreciate them very much. Will be in touch via direct message.

    Best,

    Victor

  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    @Kevin Hunter of course! I will PM you now. 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @John Warren Would you be kind enough to send the info to me as well? I'm in the process of scoping out 2-3 flats in the west suburbs (not the hottest spot for these homes - but it's a house hack and has to be close to work!) and would love to check with another lender for comps on rates. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Talk to a couple of commercial RE brokers with experience in multi-units.  They can get you some comm mortgage brokers.

    Residential mort brokers are not the same as comm mort brokers!!!

    I've had guys (especially when they're looking at 4+ places) give me heartburn when they insist on using their 30-year friend that is a residential mort guy.

    Do NOT interpret this as a slam on res mort brokers - It's just a diff business from comm mortgage.

  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    @Kelly Ouyang I just sent his info over. 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @John Warren Thank you, I appreciate it greatly!

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @John Warren could you send me the contact as well? We are looking into our first 3 unit to house hack. Thank you!

  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    @Cara Jensen of course!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @John Warren I'd like the contact info too, I have been away from Chicago for 2 years an I'm ready to come back!

  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y

    @Gintaras Kuzma of course! I will share now. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Joliet, IL · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    Awesome thread! There are some very helpful folks here in and around the Chicagoland. We are also looking for great lenders to help grow and scale our rental portfolio. @John Warren thank you for the greats services you provide. I hear a lot of wonderful things coming from you and Second City RE is doing. May I ask you to share the same information? Thank you. I would love to network with some great and knowledgeable lenders

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.