Requesting rent increase with HACC for Section 8

Requesting rent increase with HACC for Section 8

Palatine, IL · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 16 votes

I recently purchased a property in Cook County that has a section 8 tenant, which is a first for me. The tenant wants to renew the lease. Currently the rent is fully paid by HACC. How do I request for a rent increase with HACC. I tried contacting the case worker but there is no response. The link in HACC website under FAQs gives a page cannot be found. 

0Reply
98 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 80 posts · 90 votes
5y

@Steve O. I usually request my rent increases every two years. Unless it seems like it's too low. Then I try to do it every year to get it up. On a side note, If the voucher holder is has a 2 bedroom voucher and is renting out your 3 bedroom home their rent will be capped off at their voucher amount. I have made that mistake before. Now I try to make sure that they are have a voucher for the correct amount of bedrooms.

@Francis Rusnak As far as the timeline, It takes about a month to get approved or or not. so expect the increase to actually appear in about two months. I have all my rentals with the Chicago Housing Authority. I think each local area operates a little different. I did have one rental with the Housing authority of cook county, I think it took a little longer to get responses from them. However, their inspection process was much easier.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 80 posts · 90 votes
    5y

    If it’s a lease you will need to wait. After that you can ask for an increase every. They should be releasing a rate sheet every year.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.