First-Time Out-of-State Flipper – Need Help Picking a Condo Flip Market

First-Time Out-of-State Flipper – Need Help Picking a Condo Flip Market

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hey everyone, I’m Sean, a Canadian investor from Toronto. Back in 2023, I bought my first U.S. property—a turnkey condo in Myrtle Beach—which I’ve been managing remotely as a short-term rental, netting about $1,000/month on average. Now, I want to flip condos to build up capital faster and reinvest the profits into more buy-and-hold deals, but after months of searching, I still haven’t found the right market. I’m looking for a place where condos actually flip well, ideally in the $200K range, with enough margin for a solid profit. I’d prefer light to medium cosmetic rehabs, HOAs that aren’t too restrictive, and a 3-6 month turnaround time. If anyone has suggestions on markets where condo flips make sense, and challenges to watch out for, I’d really appreciate the insight. I know most flippers focus on single-family homes, but I feel like condos could be a great way to start with lower rehab risks—just need to find the right spot. Thanks in advance!

1Reply
6 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.